Team Canada ...ughhhhhhhhh

bucktail

Just started typing on my dissaponitment in Team Canada and how they have played ( remember it taakes me 20 minutes to type a post now ) when they have tied it at 4-4.

Over 40 turnovers by Canada and a brutal display by there display, especially Ryan Ellis and the slow rotation by Pietrangelo who has now tied it up.

Still do not understand why they are not using there superior cycling ability.

Taylor Hall sure has some nice hands on the him!

Shoot out now...... shoot outs are stupid, takes a team game and changes it to an individual game.

I feel bad for whoever loses now.

Canada wins!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

we may face them again. the yanks were a real fast and spirited team but i think by the end the crowd got to them. good effort in the 3rd boys!

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

If they would have played the first two periods like the third, I think it would have been a much different game. Lots of grit to come back.

I agree the shoot-out is not the way to settle a game like that.

Kudos to the Americans....they played a strong game.

Cheers

Craig

The rest of the world's catching up, but none moreso then the Americans. They are a team to be feared for so many reasons.

Having said that, I think Canada came out like a slug because they had to play 3 games against lower level teams & weren't used to a fast paced game.

And if you think this was interesting, just wait until Ryan Miller hits the ice in the Olympics. If the rest of Team USA can just keep pace & hang on, he just might be enough to take them to a medal game, kinda like the Devils do with Brodeur...grab a goal or 2 & hope the goalie stands on his head.

Can't wait... B)

In 2020 im sure ill be reflecting back on the game last night ...it literally had EVERYTHING aggression, skill, controversy and HUGE drama ...one for the history books !!!!

hope they dont get soft with the bye cuz the USA team is going to be on their game when the time comes to meet again

i agree with the others ..probably one of the greatest games ever played ( i dont know if i would feel this way if we had of lost though ...) :dunno:

well, as much as i would love to see a canada-US semi final so we can beat them again.... i would love to see them crash and burn in the quarter finals.

canada was lucky to win that game, the US outplayed them for 50 of the 65 minutes they played. pietriangelo was burned at least 6 times in the game, just flat out beat. guys skated rite past him. way too many giveaways. thank god for our never say die attitude.

although, i cant stand the officiating in this tourney. sooo many missed or just plain horrible calls. that goal that was called off SHOULD have counted. and so many bad penalty calls or missed calls.

cant wait for the semi finals!!

The Boys needed that slap in the head to wake them up....

I knew that fancy crap, and funky little moves they were doing in the previous games would come back to bite them.

They got cocky, and were not familiar with their cycling and dump and chase systems.

When the US started to hit them it threw them for a loop...not to mention the US was really the first team with any real "team" talent they have seen.

But in truth the Canadian team is 10x deeper then the US...

The Boys litterally needed that scare to get them out of their complacent mind set.

In some ways I would have liked to see them loose that game just to drive the point home that they are not untouchable, and need to bust their butts, and stick to the game plan. But....that come back was pretty impressive and dam fun to watch.

You could litterally see the Americans stressing and trying desperatly to hold on while Canada just owned them LOL...

Goal tender was covering every shot, defenceman were icing the puck, and the forwards were hooking and grabbing and doing anything they could to slow the Canadians down but boy oh boy did the guys ever step up their game right then and there....just awesome.

Cheers,