GOT ON THE ICE TODAY!...Got 3 small fish too

limeyangler

Hi All...finally got on the ice today after many false starts.

Was meant to be going to the Red River in Manitoba for greenback walters...but it got cancelled.

So decided last night to hit a local lake with my buddy...he could only go for an hour....in the morning...not the best time for the walleye on that lake, and so no surprise we skunked.

SKUNKED AT THE FIRST LAKE WITH MY BUDDY LEW....GREAT TO GET OUT THOUGH!

PC060635.jpg

I was all fired up after getting on the ice so when i got home i went out the front of the house.

Got out a good way for early on...but ice thickness started to change so was fairly close in , in around 9' FOW.

NOT AS FAR OUT AS I'D HAVE LIKED....BUT A START

PC060637.jpg

Got 3 very small Jackfish...and missed 2 walleye bites, not bad for an hour in a spot i was kinda forced to accept given ice conditions.

Great thing was i got my first fish of the season on a jigging rap. That is a season target already acomplished with the first fish. I have armed myself with a whole heap of different spoons , darters, jiggin raps....as i want to expand my horizons past the good 'ole ji and minnow......even though that works pretty darn good!

3 SMALL JACK TO GET ME OFF THE MARK

Goin over to Lew's for supper tonite, i'm gonna work on getting him out tomorrow, but i'll go alone for sure anyway....hopefully a walleye full report tomorrow

Tight lines all

I IS ONE HAPPY CHAPPY TONIGHT! :D

YA BUGGER YA.

NICE,AND THANKS FOR SHARING.

Cheers Misfish, going out today hopefully....its a bit cold out there today.....will have to take the flip up shack i think.

First ice report! Nice little rockets :)

Normally i would be dissapointed with that...but for first time out i am pretty pleased actually.

It's a start ;)

Yup Bruce, a start....its cold out today but i hope to get a few walleye today.

i'm salivating!

jealous of you out westerlies that have ice already.

LOL...i dont dare salivate today....it would be drool icicles inseconds.....

Nice Job!

Maybe I should try ice fishing this year.

MAYBE???? come on man....fire up an auger!

Thanks for the report, great ice breaker!

LOL.....no pun intended right?

Happy you got out Simon. The good old jigging rap is one old reliable that works for many species...big and small. I tip them on the bottom treble with maggots/spikes for panfish and minnow heads for walleye.

Thx for the report!

Cheers man, by your name i guess you target perch, just wondering what you use mostly, cuz there are lots of perch here, they are just really fussy, they come up and look, then take off.

jealous of the ice fishing for sure!!! can't wait to get out myself! next week i'm hoping - for some JACKFISH of my own!!! LOL!

Yeah it sucks waiting for the ice...i feel your pain....it was almost 4 weeks late here this year! darn near killed me!

thanks for the report Simon

always look forward to your videos

Thanks JDS, i added ya as a pal too by the way :)

might get some better vids when i'm in the shack or fishing with a buddy...its difficult to get video when its so cold.

Awesome Simon B) Got to feel real good about that eh?

Ya just got to rub it in :lol: I still think you should of waited for a report from us before venturing onto the hard stuff :lol: :lol: Joke Joke :lol: :lol:

Congrats on the first jack of the season and to many more great reports :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing

Keep up the great work!!!

Jacques