aqua view scout

vinnimon

Does anyone know if I can plug my sony camcorder and record from an aqua view.Having a hard time finding a cable to mate the two.Sayal electronics in burlington should have it,but they were of no help.Does aqua wiew have cables to adapt to different brands of cam corders? :dunno::dunno: I would like to film using my aquaview if possible.Thanks.V

Curiosity got me, went and checked my Scout manual, it says, use a patch cord with RCA plugs at each end, one goes into your Sony camcorder "in" jack, the other end into the Aqua Vu video "out". These patch cords are the same as you use to hook up any type of the older Stereo/TV components, cost next to nothing. Like these: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103856

Curiosity got me, went and checked my Scout manual, it says, use a patch cord with RCA plugs at each end, one goes into your Sony camcorder "in" jack, the other end into the Aqua Vu video "out". These patch cords are the same as you use to hook up any type of the older Stereo/TV components, cost next to nothing. Like these: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.js...oductId=2103856
As for the cord I tried,the aquaview end was fine the sony end didnt fit,they must be different ports.Both are yellow.Went fishing with rob d today,I think he can match them up.Thank you Ill try radioshack,I think there gone from hamilton area.cheers.

as I said in the beginning

RCA Jack

DSCF3581.jpg

That end is not my issue ,Ifound a plug to fit,its the sony end.Its a yellow port and the same plug doesnt fit.I figured that they are same ports,there not for some reason.I would eventually like to do what charlie white was doing.recording while down rigging.thanks for your input.cheers and good fishing to you.v

you would need a proprietary plug.

or simply cut off their ends and make your own

Okay did a check with the Aqua Vu, mine has two RCA plugs on the back, Vid in, vid out, like Terrys, but it looks like Sony has gone to using a 3.5mm(1/8th") stereo male plug(just like the small stereo headphones) for their A/V input or an S Video plug. That is the hole onn the side of the Sony cam with the yellow ring. Rotten scoundrels. But like Terry said you can make your own.

Edited by Fisherman

Okay did a check with the Aqua Vu, mine has two RCA plugs on the back, Vid in, vid out, like Terrys, but it looks like Sony has gone to using a 3.5mm(1/8th") stereo male plug(just like the small stereo headphones) for their A/V input or an S Video plug. That is the hole onn the side of the Sony cam with the yellow ring. Rotten scoundrels. But like Terry said you can make your own.

Sounds just like the cord for my Canon Camera. Stereo plug out of camera.. split to sound and video RCA's on the other. Bet it would work..

cameracord.jpg

Edited by irishfield

:lol: :lol: :lol: too funny, my attempt to say s o b s o b, was changed to "dude dude".
sorry dude,I did send a pm to you.at the same time I took a pic of the camera and tried sending to you.Something must of happened in the process.Im computer illeterate to a point.Sorry dude Ill figure out this picture sending thing.soon.I hope. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: