WD - 40 ... grrrrrrrr ( NF )

splashhopper

No matter how i try to keep that little red tube secured to the can, it disappears :devil:

So now I have three cans of the stuff and no little red tubes to attach to the nozzle...

Does anyone know if there are other tubes available?

Or another method of spraying the stuff where I want it to go( confined space)

Or another product even that has a different extended nozzle..

I am about to change the thermostat on my van and don't think it has ever been changed before,.... So I want to soak the crap out of the bolts BEFORE I try to undo them.

Thanks

I've seen can's of WD 40 with the red tube attached to the can. You just flip it up like a hinge and your good to go. You can't lose it cause it's attached. Also I would just use and elastic around the can and you won't lose the tube next time.

I've seen can's of WD 40 with the red tube attached to the can. You just flip it up like a hinge and your good to go. You can't lose it cause it's attached. Also I would just use and elastic around the can and you won't lose the tube next time.

its a fact!! lol.. oh the information stored in this community's consciousness.

happens all the time ...empty the contends out of the pressurized can into a spray bottle and squirt the stuff...i but the big cans ( non pressurized) and transfer it into a windex bottle...there is a "stream" setting on the bottle for the tight spots

Tried the elastics... tried tape.... still lose the darn things :huh:

I sprayed the crap out of it this am... van is smoking like crazy for a few minutes burning that off... :angry::blink:

happens all the time ...empty the contends out of the pressurized can into a spray bottle and squirt the stuff...i but the big cans ( non pressurized) and transfer it into a windex bottle...there is a "stream" setting on the bottle for the tight spots

Princess Auto has 4 litre jugs of it on sale right now... $19.99 ;)

First time I noticed it was available in a pump format vs aerosol :huh:

So, how do i get the stuff out of the pressurized can?... Just spray it? :mellow:

castle makes a fantastic product,liquid torch,spray a few times let it sit and spray again.I keep a few cans in my service vehicle,just in case my cutting torch runs dry.Ive used dozens of brands and types.wd 40 is a good cleaning agent,bicycle chains etc.But not a penetrant,maybe a temp lube.

I can't find mine right now to take a picture, but you can buy from an electronics shop(ones that supplies chemical degreasers/cleaners, etc....) a complete replacement nozzle for the spray can. You take the existing nozzle that you have to insert the stupid little straw tube into off, and replace it with this unit that has the nozzle and straw attached permanently. It also has a bit of a coil in it along with a six inch straight section. That way you can depress the nozzle with one hand, and aim with the other hand, and it pulses the spray. Worked really well for my application cleaning sliding volume controls, potentiometers, etc...........

WD-40 has severed me VERY well for over 30 years.......it has protected my firearms (19 total) for many years....every gun is wiped down with WD-40 before being put in the gun safe.....never a finger print is left on any firearm and this has been effected on every gun..........but anyways.......I use a VERY EXPENSIVE item to contain the little red tube because it's very important to my well being.......it's called a rubber band around the can.......this very expensive item holds the little red tube for many years to come....

Good Luck finding the correct size rubber band.

Bob

where am i going to find an elastic? probably next to the red tube...

Stab the top of the cans to let the pressure out and pour the contents into a spray bottle with an adjustable nozzle.

Or you can usually buy a gallon of the stuff that comes with a WD-40 branded spray bottle for about 25$ or so.

RFS

:canadian:

Edit...

GEEEZZZE!!

I should've read with my eyes instead of the beer can...... Twocoda beat me to it. :)

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

Like I said.. plenty of uses.. just that a lubricant isn't one of them. Drying out ignition caps... cleaning stuff like your grimmy hands.. using it as a fish attractant.... but putting a film of lubricant between moving parts.. never ! Not on anything I wanna depend on anyhow...

PB Blaster works very well for me.

I bought a case of PB from the US before it was available in Canada; still have 3 cans left and lots of straws! PB Blaster is the ULTIMATE penetrating oil. I won't waste my time with anything else.

As far as I know, it is now available at Fastenal and maybe CTC but not sure.

As for a spray lube, "E4 Lube" is the best I've come across and it smells nice. This is good for lubing hinges in the car and house. Good luck finding it however; I get mine from an overhead door company in Ottawa.

.....never a finger print is left on any firearm and this has been effected on every gun

Hmmm, good to know. :devil:

Like I said.. plenty of uses.. just that a lubricant isn't one of them. Drying out ignition caps... cleaning stuff like your grimmy hands.. using it as a fish attractant.... but putting a film of lubricant between moving parts.. never ! Not on anything I wanna depend on anyhow...

Actually it does work as a lubricant very well.....I have a Browning Sweet Sixteen (Belgium made) I purchase new in 1974 and WD-40 is the ONLY lubricant I have ever used on it.....the Browning Auto-5 is a recoil semi-automatic shotgun and depends on the properly cleaning and lubricating the magazine tube in order to eject and reload every round properly.....I leave the setting on the tube for HIGH BRASS (heavy loads) yet I can shoot very light trap loads with it without a problem...WD-40 is petroleum based but is very thin which makes it actually the BEST choice for anyone that hunts in extreme cold conditions because it will not thicken up like some other gun oils that have disappointed the hunter when he pulled the trigger and the firing pin did not strike the prime because the oil used thicken up enough to prevent the firing pin from moving......this has never happened to me because of my exclusive use of WD-40

I have a WELL lubricated rag that I saved from soooo many times of spraying it with WD-40 that is stored in the gun safe...this rag is my wipe down rag I use before putting any gun away in the safe....my safe is in the basement I don't use a de-humidifier or a golden rod in the safe.....just wipe them down and store....believe me this has been very effective for me for almost 40 years now.