Finally a report!!! Some fall shore Eyes and Steel..

ccmtcanada

It's has been a while since I have posted a report...things have been absolutely hectic since July for me. Long story short, you may remember I was sent to Beirut Lebanon for some software testing...well, I rejected the code that they presented and that set off a flurry of activity back in Toronto. So basically, since then I've been testing that same software from 8 am to 4 pm every day. Since most of my posting is done from the office (and when I test there are people literally over my shoulder), I have not even had a chance to log in...and the last thing I want to do when I get home is look at a computer screen.

Anyhow, our oldest has a new boyfriend...so we have lost our babysitter many an evening so we haven't gone out a whole lot. The last few times out in the boat returned us with no fish...so we were having a bad streak there! That being said, we have gone out and caught some nice fish...here's a little photo summary....

Fall Walleye

The shore area we fish is completely dependent on a few things...the number one thing being wind direction. Anything from the south, east or southeast makes our area completely unfishable. Since we had such a warm fall...the winds from the south stymied us most times we headed out. Here's our nicest ones this fall...

Bly with a 14 pound 3 ounce one. Sorry about the photoshop job here...her foot is in the shot for perspective....

143walleye.jpg

Here's one that I caught....can remember how big it was...31.5", but cant remember the weight.

DSCN0122.jpg

Trib Fishing

Being in the east end, the tribs tend to get a little busy during daylight hours, so we usually head out at night for a few hours here and there. Actually I haven't even hit a trib in daylight this fall. Again, since we've lost our babysitter, we've had to take turns out on the creeks. Here are some shots of Bly's fish!

carole-1.jpg

carole25.jpg

I prefer to fish early morning on weekends, so most of my fish came before the sun came up. Once the crowds showed up, I left to head home to spend time with my family.

Some Steelhead....

15.jpg

6.jpg

And my personal best brown trout!!! It's only 25 inches...but it was a great surprise when I saw it surface during the fight...

pb25inchbrown.jpg

And back it went to swim another day....

brownrelease.jpg

That's it for now...maybe a few more fish before things freeze up...and heck...if I'm dragged kicking and screaming, you may see a few ice fishing reports from me!!!

Edited by ccmt

Welcome back!

I knew you were on to those big eyes again!

Sorry to hear that your oldest has dumped you guys for a bf. I'm sure that your sleeping well :whistling:

What were you using to catch the night chrome? (not that I will have a chance to get out....)

Your boat was trying to tell you to go shore fishing I think :dunno:

Good to see you again Cliff.

S.

Truly impressive catches! The brown trout is a real beauty :Gonefishing:

Those walleye are remarkable and HUGE!

You both have really discovered something unique by consistently being able to catch those pickerel.

Really have enjoyed them being posted over the years.

Bly with a 14 pound 3 ounce one. Sorry about the photoshop job here...her foot is in the shot for perspective....

143walleye.jpg

Here's one that I caught....can remember how big it was...31.5", but cant remember the weight.

DSCN0122.jpg

Awesome :worthy::Gonefishing:

Thank you!!

Finally! A report! Will Bly be joining us soon, then?

Congrats on the sweet brown, too.

p.-

You might actually make a girl feel liked and missed with comments like that :blush: I am always around even if I am not posting :)

Sorry to hear that your oldest has dumped you guys for a bf. I'm sure that your sleeping well :whistling:

She is a great kid and her BF is as well, I am not worried :)

Nice of Carol to let you hold her fish!

HH

:whistling::angel: