UPDATE!! Bit of Xmas Fund raising for Sonny. Xmas present for a 3 and 6 year old.

TJQ

A while back we learned about the passing of Sonny (Santo). Santo was only 40 when he passed away, and being only a bit older, its given me much pause to think. In the spirit of Xmas, I've decided to do a quick little fundraiser here to gather up some cash to set up a RESP (Registered Education Savings Plan) for each of the kids, Domenic and Emma. (3 and 6 years old). All money raised will be put into individual RESP units with USC EDUCATION SAVINGS PLANS INC. (http://www.usc.ca) USC has been doing my plans for Avery and Jaden since they were born, and I know our representative well.

I've spoken to him and in order to get a full unit for each child we need about $1,600.00, if we surpass that the size of the units just go up, but that's our minimum. These are a great STABLE way to save for the kids education, as the government also matches a portion of the contributions. I'm not an expert on all the ins and outs, so if there's any questions please visit the website.

My USC rep. is going to be here in town on December 18th so I would have the cheques mailed to me, made payable to me so I can deposit them. Ill have a list of all donations easily available when we are done, so you can be sure all funds will be accounted for.

Any donations - of ANY size - will be appreciated and can be mailed to me at:

T.J. Quesnel

P.O. Box 6264

Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 3K7

You can pledge your money here, or if you want to remain anonymous just pm me so I can keep track of how much we raise. Lets show Sonnys family, how much this community, once again, cares about its members. It's the season for giving, and the most selfless gift is to someone who will never know where it came from.

I'm in for the first $100.00, please help me out with whatever you can.

SO far:

$100.00

$40.00

$100.00

$250.00

$100.00

$100.00

$20.00

$100.00

$100.00

$50.00

$30.00

$50.00

$100.00

$40.00

$50.00

$100.00

$20.00

$100.00

$100.00

$200.00

$50

$1800 Total Pledged.

BassOperner08002.jpg

Edited by TJQ
UPDATE

That's a great idea TJ, just one other thought.

Is there any way we could open a bank account, which would allow us to just make a deposit. We could post the account number, transit number and bank number and folks could easily stop off at a branch, local to them and make a donation.

I don't want to make this any more complicated than it is, but thought this may be another way to get some money to the kids.

HH

That's a great idea TJ, just one other thought.

Is there any way we could open a bank account, which would allow us to just make a deposit. We could post the account number, transit number and bank number and folks could easily stop off at a branch, local to them and make a donation.

I don't want to make this any more complicated than it is, but thought this may be another way to get some money to the kids.

HH

Could call HH.

I never met the man,but the kids need some help here.After all,christmas is for the kids.

OK guys it's the festive season and this is a family that really could use a little Christmas cheer. So here is my offer or challege to you all. We need $1600 to get RESP's for each of the kids. But the more the better! So Facts of Fishing will match the first $1600 if the OFC'ers get there by 4pm tomorrow. So please everyone - do your part and support this great cause. If we can make it to $1600 by 4pm tomorrow we will add another $1600.

Dave Mercer

A huge thanks from all of Sonny's family...

As I said to TJ earlier today when he called to ask me if this would be ok... Sonny left his family well taken care of. It has been a shock to us all as we never expected anything to happen to a man of 40. Many people asked us what they could do... and wow, this one is huge... Domenic and Emma have a long road ahead of them but a family that loves them very much... from them and Sonny's wife Jennifer... Thankyou for making that road a little smother.

There was a video made of him that was played... I don't know how to include it here but if you go to our cousins blog you will be able to see it and him in many of his fishing moments...

http://markleslie.blogspot.com/2009/11/hnt-sonny.html

Santo loved to fish, OFC was a part of his everyday, from checking out who was fishing where to bragging about what he caught or didn't catch... Time and time again I am amazed by all of you...

Thank you so much

Bernadette

(Jen)

Edited by Jen

Jen, Steve, and Family.

Be strong. I can't make it to the fundraiser, but i'll keep his memory with me at Quinte.

However, please accept $100 on my families behalf.

We fisherman must stick together.

Sonny, my friend, Rest in Peace.

Dave, amazing offer. TV show or not, your a Class Act.

Another $40 from a good friend of mine!!! next beers on me bud!!! you know who you are... lol.. what was that quote... "good stories always start with bad decisions."