Simcoe Smallie Nov. Action

Cudz

Well, I had this Saturday booked off since early Oct. I was hoping the weather would still be good enough to get out and it was better than I could have ever hoped. My fishing buddies James and Jon (Jaydub), joined me a day of fishing on my favourite lake.

Everytime we go out we have a mini tourney and today was no exception. Everyone's 3 best fish would be weighed and the 2 losers have to buy wings for the winner (seeing as I am on a strict budget I knew I had to bring my 'A' game today in order to win this challenge).

The day started well and James managed a fish not 5 minutes into our first drift. I soon followed suit with a quality fish on our second drift.

Things slowed a bit so we moved to a spot where Jaydub and I marked loads of fish at night last week. This spot did not disappoint yielding the biggest fish of the day. After catching another fish at this location we decided to head to spot #3. Spot #3 turned out to be the honey hole today surrending about 13 fish of all sizes. Fish were caught from 20' down all the way to 47'!! I have never caught bass that deep but there were many between 37 and 47' today. Incredible. Lots of football over 4 pounds today and I think they are going to get even bigger.

The competition ended and weights were totalled and I won the tourney by less than 2 ounces!!!(I caught a fish with less than 30 minutes left to put me in the lead). I weighed in 3 fish for 13.24 pounds and James 3 big fish weighed in 13.12 pounds. So very close but it is I who shall enjoy the hot wings this week.

Jaydub managed to catch a new PB while were out there as well. Congrats to him!

Jigger also showed up this weekend and I know he did catch as well.

You will have to pardon some of the blurry pics as I have just bought a new camera and we are still trying to get used to it. Sorry.

Some of James fish today

nov0901.jpg

nov0902.jpg

nov0906.jpg

nov0908.jpg

nov0914.jpg

Some of Cudz fish today

nov0903.jpg

nov0904.jpg

nov0905.jpg

nov0907.jpg

Jigger in background

nov0913.jpg

nov0915.jpg

Jaydub's fish

His PB smallie

nov0909.jpg

nov0910.jpg

nov0912.jpg

Edited by Cudz

Congrates on the win Cudz, :worthy: I guess this time J.T. and I are buying the wings although with you guys being so close and me so far behind :wallbash: I almost think I should be buying for the both of you...NOT...somebody had to net those fish cuz you guys sure didn't have time. :w00t:

Awesome day on the water!!

Congrats on the win Cudz! You guys sure put a hurtin' on those fish yesterday! Thats one sweet smallie Jaydub, congrats on the PB! Those pics don't do the fish justice, though. They're always alot fatter in your hands... Great day to be out there, hopefully this mild weather keeps up, I'm itching to get back out there again! Those are indeed some sweet 'staches you guys are sporting!

Congrats on the win Cudz! You guys sure put a hurtin' on those fish yesterday! Thats one sweet smallie Jaydub, congrats on the PB! Those pics don't do the fish justice, though. They're always alot fatter in your hands... Great day to be out there, hopefully this mild weather keeps up, I'm itching to get back out there again! Those are indeed some sweet 'staches you guys are sporting!

Hey Jarred,

Right after you left we started spanking them even harder. I have a new bait for you to use and a new spot. Let me know if you can make it up here. If you have no one to fish with give me a day notice and we can get 2 per boat. Would be a sweet tourney with 4 or 5.