First Steel

young_one

First steelhead of the season, not counting shakers and grocery store size.

Didn't keep any loose Salmon roe this season, forcing myself to use soft plastic and tying my own flies/jigs.

Caught a smaller female earlier, quick release before I could get hold of the fish. (Riverwood pinkies)

16169_168750406706_505661706_3285462_242467_n.jpg

FISH ON!

16169_168750391706_505661706_3285461_7426701_n.jpg

The secret lure, white crappie tube! It went up the leader, like tube fishing for Smallie

16169_168750381706_505661706_3285460_1408539_n.jpg

16169_168750361706_505661706_3285456_4023188_n.jpg

Released to be fought another day! TRUE STORY, a very nice fisherman on the other side caught this fish again after half hr of release. Took the pinkie he was using, LMAO released one more time!

When the time is right, these fish will hit anything!

Man give the guy a break! He tried something new and got into some fish! He's happy, so give him some props and shut it. Personally I think it ruins the picture when people black out the backgrounds but if that's what you want to do its your choice, as it may be some peoples preference not to. Awesome report dude, beauty fish!

Man give the guy a break! He tried something new and got into some fish! He's happy, so give him some props and shut it. Personally I think it ruins the picture when people black out the backgrounds but if that's what you want to do its your choice, as it may be some peoples preference not to. Awesome report dude, beauty fish!

Just curious why you are ranting here?

That's a big male!! Way to go!

For future reference you might wanna black out the backgrounds :)

Bill,...you know as well as I do that stretch of river could be one of many that all look the same,...besides you also know,... the fish move,...besides you also know....if someone recognizes a spot, they have fished there before. C'MON now,...there are litterally 1000' of pools holding fish right now around northern and southern Lake O and E tribs,....Anyone who knows what they are doing,... does it by this time of year!!!

I myself can say with 100% confidence that I have never ever made a decision on where to fish from this or any other website,....I take all the factors and recent weather conditions into account, the decide where I am going, I think most guys do it the same as me including yourself,...if anyone decides where to fish because you saw a post you think you recognize from the day before....I call that CHOOCH!!! not too mention dumb and lazy ;) lol :)

Yo bud,...Im not saying you do this...

Maybe there is more sensitivity to the beggining of the season when every one is Jonesing,...lol...and trust I hear ya,...but I got my first river chromer this fall over a month ago during one of the first salmon runs,..total fluke (100 kms up river and a silver little buck) but it took a little edge off.

But now its game on everywhere!!! Some backgrounds add to the pics.....its a personal choice,...if im in a nice valley with leaves and crap,...I will get a pic with a background,..then get one straight on the water,...no biggie either way.

How about this background?

cheers,

Sept-19-09004.jpg

FirstFall-09chromer-2.jpg

Thanks for all the replies! As for the background, I fully understand the consequence of me not blacken the background. In future I might just post those boring pictures with my beginner float reel (Aventa) and the fish. I guess its better to keep things secret :Gonefishing:

Lloyd, thanks for the roe offer, but I'll try to commite myself not using them. I guess its just like Bass fishing without leeches, minnow or worm. My dad and I almost finish our DIY planner board and mast, we could be on the bay as soon as this Sunday!

MJL, no class in the morning! But going into class in the afternoon was not fun at all! You been fishing?

Thanks for all the replies! As for the background, I fully understand the consequence of me not blacken the background. In future I might just post those boring pictures with my beginner float reel (Aventa) and the fish. I guess its better to keep things secret :Gonefishing:

Lloyd, thanks for the roe offer, but I'll try to commite myself not using them. I guess its just like Bass fishing without leeches, minnow or worm. My dad and I almost finish our DIY planner board and mast, we could be on the bay as soon as this Sunday!

MJL, no class in the morning! But going into class in the afternoon was not fun at all! You been fishing?

keep the good pics coming. I was a river rat for over 30 years and if i had guys on the rivers with me well then thats the way it was!! The fish and streams are for everyone to share and enjoy so dont show stuppid float reel shots just because a few guys think that you willhurt a spot or there chances to be a river master. Show what mother nature wanted people to see. Trees, Water, Sky and that big ass fish you got. People think that posting a pic is going to hurt their chances of being king of the river for the day. Pics are for people to look at and enjoy and if they know that spot already then it does not matter at all because they know about it already.Remember this if nothing else FISH are a by product not the end all be all Its all about friendship and enjoying what nature and the MNR have given us to enjoy. My last 2 cents on this. play well with others and if you cant dont pick on ones that can :Gonefishing::Gonefishing::Gonefishing:

well said both Lloyd and Stonefly!

i really don't see a need to hide the background.

anyone here think there IS a secret spot out east???

don't forget, we can ONLY fish below hwy 2 now. so really, what secret spots are there.

an average steelheader will fish that pool, either this weekend or next...we all fish enough to know which river holds more fish than others in the fall season. but in the dead winter thats a different story, cause everyones gonna be at the same river mouth :rolleyes: