Two GBay outings.. two First's on GBay fish !

irishfield

Had Glen out today on the Bay. Fog was a tad thick.. .

glen1.jpg

So we dogged it a bit around Midland Harbour waiting for some visibility. Trolled the elevator and docks and around the shoal and by then the fog had lightened up a bit and we headed for the gap... and then it came back in heavy.....where we caught ourselves (in time luckily) running 40 MPH in 3.3 FOW. Got that gut feeling we was a tad close to shore and looked down to see sand... turned left.. looked at finder to see 3.3 ' on the screen. Didn't slow down or it would have been a prop... :w00t:

Got to where we wanted to be and I had glen reeling this one in... an hour and 30 minutes after launch. His first GBay Muskie.. so the monkey lifted from him as well.

41" or better.. thick and healthy. :thumbsup_anim:

glen2.jpg

glen3.jpg

Had the police boat pass us by around 4pm... heard it throttle back and we waved.. .and they throttled back up. Conversation probably went " stay the hell away from him... last time that bugger had us locked in the cabin !" :D

Edited by irishfield

Lucky you were just above sand. Nice fish.

I knew where I was and what the shorelines consistency was..... just didn't think I'd turned in towards it. Seeing the sand confirmed it and why I didn't power down before turning left. I knew the Rock pile was another 1000 feet forward! :whistling:

Edited by irishfield

I knew where I was and what the shorelines consistency was..... just didn't think I'd turned in towards it. Seeing the sand confirmed it and why I didn't power down before turning left. I knew the Rock pile was another 1000 feet forward! :whistling:

Yea, I think I know where you're talking about.. Is it the shoreline between Penetang and Midland Bay's?

Edited by Ciceri

Nice Ski' :thumbsup_anim:

I musta' just missed ya too....I ended up bumpin' GB out of his spot....he had it long enough :angel: Then the boats started comin'....saw one guy out there poaching....GB, it was the same boat that caught the first one... :devil: Certainly was an interesting ride out there...didn't need my GPS....I could hear GB talking from Midland....just followed the voice :whistling::lol::D

Guest gbfisher

you should have seen the look on my passengers face when I said I was going to RAM your boat. Had him going for 10 mins saying that you'd be pushing your way on to the spot and throwing anchor but that I would run into your boat first....lol

He actually thought I was going to when I ran right at you and said hello.....

So tell us, what was more exciting...

Catching the nice clean Muskie or seeing 3.3 on the fish finder?

I would have to say the fish finder myself, the reason being this lets you know it is set up properly in the sense that the transducer is at the right angle to pick up 3FOW at high speed. :D