fishing buddy

azebra

Hello, I live really close to the don river south of Eglinton. I was wondering if anyone wanted to go fish it sometime? Iv seen fish in there. Hooked into a king but that didnt last long at all. I know there are some bows and brown in there too. any takers, just looking for someone to cast and poop chat with.

I've fished the Don a couple times with my friend a few years ago. Caught a sucker and some chubs near one of the bike paths in late spring. I'm tempted to try fishing it again as I've seen dead chinnies below the subway tracks (I got stuck there for an hour). Not sure when I can make it out to the Don but I'll give you a shout the next time I check it out.

I'm really tempted to scout out the headwaters to see if I can get a few browns or brookies when the season opens up again.

I landed a catfish about 6 weeks ago. it took a black fly i tied. Iv been down there a bout once a week for 7 weeks. seen lots of salmon and maybe steelhead, one guy I met showed me a photo of a little shaker he landed there, nice pink and chrome. its open from eglinton down year round. lots and lots of water between there and lake O. PM me anytime you wanna go for a few hours. im a 30 min walk from pottery road and bayview..

You might be surprised by what GAMEFISH you find in the lower reaches of the Don if you can stand the smell. Try from the first set of rapids downstream to and including the Keating Channel (the mouth).

MJL, not much in the headwaters unfortunately anymore. A few of the roadside ditches still have brookies believe it or not (yes, I'm sober while I type this....lol), but you will have far better success in almost any other GTA watershed. Target areas from where the Oak Ridges Moraine starts and go upstream from there.

Was talking to a guy in the office today who saw a 4-5lb resident Brown way up in the Humber a few weeks back on a spawning redd!!......still sober!!

Dan