DPreview challenge..

danc

Anyone that has a remote interest in digital photography knows about DPreview. It is the holy grail of digital photography sites. I've recently entered a few shots in the challenges forum and have had some decent success finishing 5th, 25th and 200 and somethingth. My fourth entry was a winner. It's quite an honor as there is some awesome photographers involved in DPreview.

The theme was HDR. Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Entry.aspx?ID=173954

And here's the winning shot.

HR2.jpg

I have some umbrage with your first sentence, I now have that site saved thank you (Something to do in between arguments here :whistling: )

I really like your photo. I find some of the HDR stuff a bit overdone, but I think the monochromatic appearance of your photo really works and doesn't come across as over processed. :clapping:

I've been visiting DPreview for at least 8 years now. The discussion forums, which are brand based, are very active. They're a good place to learn about a specific camera brand or model. DPreviews in depth camera reviews and ratings are highly regarded. If you`re thinking about buying a new camera, check out what they have to say about it. Finally, the challenges are quite new there. They`ve only been around for a couple of months or so. It`s fun to enter that favorite shot and see how you fare amongst your peers.

I`m happy to hear that you`re enjoying it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
BTW, is the DSC-F717 DSLR?

The Sony 717 is not a dslr. It is a high end "prosumer" with full manual controls. It was quite the camera in its day. List price was almost $2000.00 when it first came out. I haven't used it much in the past

year since I bought a dslr, but I'll never get rid of it.

Thanks for the comment.