Coyotes attack and kill teenage girl out east

bigfish1965

The park is closed until the coyotes are found and killed. One was shot after turning on a cop who showed up. Something is very wrong.

And yes, there has only been one person killed by a wolf in Canada and those wolves were semi-wild IIRC.

I don't ever recall hearing of a coyote even going after a person, never mind killing one.

Trying to run away and from a canine predator and screaming is the absolute worst thing you can do!!!

Stand your ground and pick up a stick or ball up your fists... they don't want any part of a fight!!!

Just to substantiate Coaches recommendation. Hell what the hell does he know, he hasn't had it as tough as today's kids.

http://tchester.org/sgm/lists/coyote_attacks.html

GCD has it right, dont run just stand and fight is your best option against any dog like animal, running just will invite an attack. any of the hunters out there should take every one they come across if possible.

jason

The problem with that is that coyotes as a population respond quite aggressively to extermination pressures. And by aggressively, i mean that they mate like crazy. As far as i know every attempt to reduce coyote numbers has resulted in their being more coyotes after the efforts.

Besides, coyotes aren't dangerous. This is a huge aberration. Tragic and sad, but an aberration.

I grew up just a little north of the GTA and have encountered many Coyotes in packs from a bit of a distance and a few real close,..I have seen them on their own be very aggressive and acting very weird, not afraid at all and just looking mean. Grew up in the summers listening to the yelps and howls in the summer. Thought is they can be rabid, I have seen a few too close for comfort that looked blood thirsty and frothing.

I feel bad for her, but another sad story is what will happen with those crazy Newfies as she was a semi-celebrity. I cant even imagine the slaughter that will happen. I wonder if the same response would happen from just an regular person getting killed. Only a few years ago, just north of thew GTA, a women walking in her back 40 wearing a red sweater was shot dead by a hunter, what was his fate?

When someone gets attacked by a bear out west, do they kill all the bears?

Edited by StoneFly