so... who's sick?

redneck666

I read the interwebs widely, and often take comfort in my educated Canadian smugness regarding fear mongering inside the country of our fine neighboUrs to the south. The health care 'debate' is a case in point. Instead of debating whether the current President is making wise decisions in the best interest of the US, the debate has devolved to whether Obama is Hitler.

Back to my backyard, reading this thread is a sad thing for me. Naysayers defend their ignorance as a justifiable position and celebrate fear mongers and conspiracy theorists. Our current debate pits facts against Bull and calls it a difference of opinion. This similarity to the debate in the US is most troubling to me, and I don't get it. There's a 'low information' mob shouting 'Shenanigans' holding the most vulnerable of our folks out as sacrifices to their refusal to protect their own health and those of the weakest members of their families.

Shame.

If you don't understand why people are standing in line for flu protection for eight hours outside holding a baby, then maybe you should do some research and do a favour for your family, your employer, the folks on the bus, and your sick Gramma.

Why don't we teach critical thinking in our schools any more? This is miserable.

... because it's much easier to blame the gummerments than it is to take a little needle in the arm!!!.. "I don't give a damn who I take down with me!!!" (friends, family, loved ones)... "I'm not going to get stuck with a hypodermic needle!!!"... most childish if you ask me!

Why don't we teach critical thinking in our schools any more? This is miserable.

Hi ya douG.

Just because we are told to do,dosent mean, it,s the best thing to do.

I have stayed away from work and family,cause I care.

If you are,like mentioned above,in good health and taking the right precautions,then do as.

Some hospitals will threaten not to pay sick time to those employees who do not get the shot but then fall sick to the flu.

"All involved with hospital care" is a little loose. I'm "involved" but do not qualify sick time if ill. That and, no one forces me to go to work anymore on schedule. Regular permanent employees MisFish do tend to be held to different standards at times than those who are casual employees. Because I have no regular employment at this time... I'm not sure as to what the policy is this year for all staff at the place which I work.

By percentages you might be talking about your qualifying for the shot??? H3N1 was around in 73 and I believe it was an H1N2 that may have been present in the not so distant past as well. Those over 65 especially, but also adults whom have been around since early 70's, may have antibodies already to H1N1 because of previous contacts with variations of the virus. Those over 65 have a considerably better chance as I understand it. You and your old-timer buddies might be better off than guys like me... most certainly the kids though who likely haven't ever been in contact with this type strain of influenza.

Guest Johnny Bass
I posted this on my face book and then more was added.

God this H1n1 is just out of control.

The virology of it is no real difference then a flu other than some genetic anomalies

. Its new and hence no immunity to it, but that can be said of any newly mutated strain of any flu. Those years that we have a severe flu outbreak is just a newly mutated strain that we have no immunity towards

Upwards of 30,000 to 50,000 people yearly die from influenza or complications thereafter.

People die of the flu. This is no consolation to the family of 13-year-old Evan Frustaglio, the Toronto boy who died Monday, apparently after contracting swine flu. But it is true although he had an underlying condition that was impacted by the flu.

This was so before this latest pandemic. It will almost certainly continue to be so in the future. But it is no reason to go off the deep end.

Keep things in perspective. What is worrisome about this particular strain, sometimes known as Novel Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1), is its newness. We know, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, that is contains genes from pigs, humans and birds. We know from experience that such a mix gives it the potential to pass back and forth between species and to become particularly virulent.

Which is presumably one reason why the public health establishment is so fixated on swine flu. The other reason may that world governments are using this pandemic as a test run to see how they would respond to a real crisis.

But what we also know is that, so far, this flu strain has been no more serious than any other.

To put it another way: Before the H1N1 scare, the death of a few wouldn't have led newscasts across the nation.

Consider the facts.

According to the World Health Organization, fewer than 5,000 people have died around the globe from this variant of swine flu. In any normal year, influenza causes between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths worldwide.

In the Southern Hemisphere, the winter flu season is now over. In spite of dire predictions, only 185 people died from swine flu in Australia – considerably fewer than the roughly 3,000 who succumb to seasonal influenza in that country each year.

And no, it wasn't because the population was immunized. Australia's vaccination campaign against swine flu took off last month.

Last week, U.S. President Barack Obama declared swine flu a national emergency after about 1,000 Americans died. Yet according to the Centers for Disease Control, roughly 50,000 Americans die every year from seasonal flu – without any politician paying much attention.

What does seem to be true, according to early statistics, is that this particular strain is harder on people in the prime of their lives. Common flu strains tend to hit the very young and very old.

In that sense, the real novelty of this novel H1N1 strain may be that it is killing the wrong people.

For those youngish and middle-aged people who tend to dominate both politics and the media, this is understandably worrying.

What's more unnerving, however, is the level of hype surrounding this flu virus, hype that at times comes dangerously close to hysteria.

The public health dictum suggesting that people wash their hands to prevent the virus' spread has transformed itself, in some areas (like the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa) into a near-ban on shaking hands.

Demand for hand sanitizers has exploded, as individuals and institutions search for ways to make physical contact safe.

Yet experts are divided over handwashing. A 2007 study done for the Public Health Agency of Canada and chaired by Toronto microbiologist Donald Low concluded that the practice does little to prevent flu transmission, largely because this particular virus is airborne.

Polls show that the public is taking a casual attitude toward swine flu. This alarms those beating the H1N1 drum. But given the actual evidence, maybe the public is onto something.

That being said I have always been a fan of having one’s own immunity system fight an infection or virus if it’s in check obviously. To answer the question would I get the vaccine. No not until its mutated and is much more virulent, and the death rate starts to reach millions globally. This is no Spanish flu from the turn of the century folks

Swine Flu Vaccination -Poison??- From Angry Australian Pharmacist

> "Guys, I'm Emailing you because I'm bloody scared about something.... Read More

>

> I created my Facebook group for fun, and to use it to market my businesses to

> people.

>

> What I'm doing now totally kills my ability to do that, but I don't care. This

> is important.

>

> I'm a qualified pharmacist. I've been researching the swine flu vaccine that our

> government has bought for us (using our money, by the way) and its DANGEROUS.

>

> Its easily a hundred times more dangerous than the swine flu itself, Imo.

>

> Something that freaked me out is that several swine flu vaccine manufacturers

> have asked governments to give them an exemption from lawsuits, in case the

> vaccine caused harm in people. If you made a vaccine that you knew worked, then

> why would you need a legal exemption in case it hurt people? Massive warning

> sign. They don't believe its safe.

>

> The swine flu itself has killed about 2/3000 people total. The regular flu kills

> 40 000 plus per year ? So why are we freaking out about swine flu, and not

> normal flu? Does that make sense? No.

>

> If the regular flu kills 40 000 plus per year, and the swine flu only killed 2/3

> 000 ? Then why are governments buying it in advance, giving it to us for free,

> and giving drug manufacturers immunity to legal cases against them? Does that

> make sense? No.

>

> The swine flu vaccine contains 2 horribly dangerous compounds ? One is called

> thimerosol.

>

> It is made 50% of mercury. It binds to receptors in your brain, and basically

> causes brain damage. Is it smart to be injected with thimerosol, and get brain

> damage, dropping 10 IQ points and going dumb, in order to avoid getting a flu

> that kills 95% less people than regular flu? No.

>

> The other horrible ingredient is called squalene. Squalene accidentally tricks

> your immune system into killing your own cells, which creates autoimmune

> diseases like asthma, multiple scelerosis, diabetes, and a bunch of diseases

> that we don't have a name for yet (because squalene hasnt been used for that

> long, and we have little data on its effects) ? Is is smart to inject yourself

> with that stuff, in order to avoid a relatively mild flu, like the swine flu? No.

>

> If you're a pregnant mother about to take Panvax, ask yourself this ? Why would

> you take Panvax, when it contains Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfate ? Both of

> which exhibit positive risk to unborn children ? So as to avoid what? A mild

> flu, that kills 95% fewer people than the regular flu?

>

> Look, I'm a funny guy. Yeah, I make good Facebook groups. People join them by

> the thousands, and laugh. But I'm also a qualified pharmacist. I scored in the

> top 0.1% of my state in school. I'm expert at critical analysis of drugs and

> their effects on humans. And let me be blunt ? If someone came up to me with a

> syringe full of swine flu vaccine, or came near my family with one ? I would

> take the needle off them and poke them with it myself ? Followed by several very

> hard punches. This stuff is poison.

>

> Don't take it. Don't let your friends take it. Don't let your family take it. If

> some idiot in a lab coat asks you if you want it, ask them about thimerosol,

> squalene, and why the company making it wants legal exemption from being sued,

> and watch their face go into ?omg I'm being asked serious questions that I don't

> have the answer to? Mode.

>

> Anyway. I hope you're all well. Chat to you on Facebook sometime :)

>

> Sincerely,

>

> George Mamouzellos

> Bachelor of Pharmacy

> University of South Australia"

The above by Mamouzellos is factual as I have a virologist friend and he said almost to a T the same thing

The National Post today quoted an "outbreak" at Mt Sinai I though wow hundreds t ocreate that sort of news

THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cases come now

While I have been accused of being a conspiricy theroist, this is one that I believe is a CNN and beyond created pandamonia

WOW! I guess this WHO organization has a use afterall. I wonder if all the medical experts are reading this. Its all hype. And the vaccine is dangerous.

... because it's much easier to blame the gummerments than it is to take a little needle in the arm!!!.. "I don't give a damn who I take down with me!!!" (friends, family, loved ones)... "I'm not going to get stuck with a hypodermic needle!!!"... most childish if you ask me!

So say I do take it and death becomes.WHO DO I BLAME?What brings them back?Who pays me?

it,s all about CHOICE.

Guest Johnny Bass
Some hospitals will threaten not to pay sick time to those employees who do not get the shot but then fall sick to the flu.

"All involved with hospital care" is a little loose. I'm "involved" but do not qualify sick time if ill. That and, no one forces me to go to work anymore on schedule. Regular permanent employees MisFish do tend to be held to different standards at times than those who are casual employees. Because I have no regular employment at this time... I'm not sure as to what the policy is this year for all staff at the place which I work.

By percentages you might be talking about your qualifying for the shot??? H3N1 was around in 73 and I believe it was an H1N2 that may have been present in the not so distant past as well. Those over 65 especially, but also adults whom have been around since early 70's, may have antibodies already to H1N1 because of previous contacts with variations of the virus. Those over 65 have a considerably better chance as I understand it. You and your old-timer buddies might be better off than guys like me... most certainly the kids though who likely haven't ever been in contact with this type strain of influenza.

It is mandatory in Toronto to take the shot if you work in the health field. I would imagine it is the same all over Canada. Its not a mater of paying you if you get sick or not, its a mater of you spreading the desease to the already ill.

Funny this topic comes up here.Yesterday I was getting a MRI of my shoulder (2 day wait by the way)and they neede to inject my shoulder with some dye.There was a radiologist to do the injection into the joint.There was a tech to run the xray machine to guide the rrad guy into the right part of the joint .There was a nurse to make sure I wasn't raped( I guess).While waiting for the novacaine to take effect I asked them if they were getting the vaccine.All three said yes very quickly.I come in contact with as many bad germs as anyone,working in 5 to 10 houses a day in the kitchen and bathrooms where the germs love to hang out.I have never had the flu that I can remember but this one is for real.I will get the shot when It is available to me.I dont smoke,I dont drink coffee,I work out at least 5 days a week,I dont eat junk food,I'm I'm 6'0' tall and weigh 185 lbs and I'm scared of this one.

Joe

JohnnyBass, I hate to make direct comments (I think this is a first in 8 years), but stop this bad thing that you are doing. I have read both sides and made my decision. You?

Ok, you have already, fine. Seen anyone with polio or smallpox lately, or whooping cough or diphtheria? THIS IS WHAT VACCINES DO. Please inform yourself, vaccines work and save lives. Mebbe read a little about Jonas Salk, or thimerosal and its toxicity, and make your own informed decision.

wow, big argument about the whole H1N1 thing eh? lol well i was just talkin about general sickness but okay. i have asthma and will be getting the shot when its available and when i dont have to wait in line for hours. i do have a higher than normal body temp. but i feel great other than my sinus head ache and cough. and it sounds like GCD isnt afraid to speak his mind about the "skeerdy cats". haha

Not sick, rarely ever get sick.

I wonder if people realize how many people die each year from the normal flu?

I don't get this whole OMG H1N1 crap.

Hey Bill I'm with ya....

According to The Ontario Ministry of health on a national Averages 500-1500 flu-related deaths occur per year in Canada....

According to the Public health agency of Canada 89 anadians have died of swine flu(and swine flu related) deaths over the past year and a half....

Annual Flu epidemics world wide are thought to result in between three and five million cases of severe illness and between 250 000 and 500 000 deaths every year...

while apparently 5,000 have died globally from H1N1 so far.

Those are the numbers....

So this World wide data suggests 'if" you catch a flu in general you have 1%-2% chance that it could be a fatal case of H1N1

Canadian specific info suggests any flu you may catch carries a 0.6-1.8% chance of being a fatal case of H1N1

However it also says the regular flu is almost 12x more likely yo kill you then H1N1

To me the jury is still out on this one, and probobly will be until the season ends, and the Data is collected.

That being said I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as long as your comfortable in you assement.

No one should be vilified for not taking the shot if they've done their homework, and feel its an unessasary risk.

And like wise I won't chastize anyone for getting it.

Just do your homework and make a decision you can live with.

I think many people who don't want the vaccine think "influenza" and the "flu" are the same thing. The "flu" is some stomach cramps and maybe a bad case of the runs, all better in a couple of days. Influenza is a very serious respiratory illness, nothing to do with some a bad case of the skoots.

Well, well, well. Once again when faced with the facts (5,000 H1N1 deaths wordwide compared to 250,000 - 500,000) the name calling starts....this time surprisingly by Moosebunk and Doug. :blahblah1: I guess unless we do just what you do and act just as you do and think just as you do we are ignorant. Thank god we have overpaid healthcare workers to show us how to see the error of our ways. By the way, being you are a healthcare worker that knows everything, maybe you could tell us what obscene amount of our taxpayer money is going to be thrown at this "pandemic". I can see the healthcare bean-counters salivating already. I wonder how much the pharmaceutical companies will make on this vaccine? Probably nothing as they just want to help us, right?

And GCD, you sound like you're trying too hard to be controversial. Maybe the droves of people standing in line for hours climbing over each other, jumping the queue and getting in line before the "high-risk" individuals (as shown on CTV news tonight) are the real skeerdy cats. Skeerdy cats fueled by media hype.

As I said before, the sad thing here is that our political and business leaders have become so untrustworthy it is very hard to decide which side is telling the truth anymore. And in light of the corruption and greed shown by our leaders, and the obscene prices that pharmaceutical companies charge for their "legal" drugs, I think I will err on the side of caution and keep my family away from their vaccine. I hope I'm right for the sake of my daughter, but there is no way in hell I trust our politicians or the very big business of drugs/pharmaceuticals considering the amounts of money involved.

The idea of vacination is to catch the H1N1 in it's infancy and not have hundreds of thousands of deaths.....this flue strain is very severe and seems to infect portions of the population that have good immune systems in place. If this strain reaches epidemic proportions it's to late and very hard if not impossible to control, maybe it is blown out of proportion but I think the health organizations of the world see the potential of this becoming a very bad pandemic. It's better to take precautions now when the flue is at a controllable level then to wait and have thousands of deaths just to prove the skeptics wrong.

I agree with the dude here, the media has blown way out of proportion, but the health system is scared of it mutating and getting worse which is a respectable answer, with these really low chance of dying from it right now its best to attack it now while its week, unless your my friends mom who literally thinks that once you get it you got less then 24 hours to live, my friend ( her son ) had it, everyone says he had it, but this is her excuse, "If he had swine flu why is he still alive" she thinks cause the way the media plays it that you got a 100% chance of dying of it, this what I think is total Bull that people actually think that this is possible.

I work here in southern ontario in a hospital. Myself and most of my co-workers have had the shot. We have not been made to have it. We risk not being able to work if a outbreak is declared. In the last week or so we have had several patients with H1N1. The scary part here is all have been either younger children and middle aged men with no other health problem. Some of these men are now in ICU on assited breathing and IV. This virus is scaring in how fast it develops. The anxiety level is high among workers,patients and visitors. The ER is packed around the clock. People are really scared.

Well, well, well. Once again when faced with the facts (5,000 H1N1 deaths wordwide compared to 250,000 - 500,000) the name calling starts....this time surprisingly by Moosebunk and Doug. :blahblah1: I guess unless we do just what you do and act just as you do and think just as you do we are ignorant. Thank god we have overpaid healthcare workers to show us how to see the error of our ways. By the way, being you are a healthcare worker that knows everything, maybe you could tell us what obscene amount of our taxpayer money is going to be thrown at this "pandemic". I can see the healthcare bean-counters salivating already. I wonder how much the pharmaceutical companies will make on this vaccine? Probably nothing as they just want to help us, right?

And GCD, you sound like you're trying too hard to be controversial. Maybe the droves of people standing in line for hours climbing over each other, jumping the queue and getting in line before the "high-risk" individuals (as shown on CTV news tonight) are the real skeerdy cats. Skeerdy cats fueled by media hype.

As I said before, the sad thing here is that our political and business leaders have become so untrustworthy it is very hard to decide which side is telling the truth anymore. And in light of the corruption and greed shown by our leaders, and the obscene prices that pharmaceutical companies charge for their "legal" drugs, I think I will err on the side of caution and keep my family away from their vaccine. I hope I'm right for the sake of my daughter, but there is no way in hell I trust our politicians or the very big business of drugs/pharmaceuticals considering the amounts of money involved.

One day, god forbid, you may have to be treated in the hospital by the so called " overpaid healthcare workers" maybe then your ignorance towards there profession will change your atitude. I had a heart attack in April, went into cardiac arrest and the healthcare workers brought me back saving my life, these proffesionals perform long hours under extremly stressfull situations and earn every cent they get paid for.

The latest facts came in today 1300 known deaths from swine flue since July in the USA and the flue season is just starting with up to 6 million cases now being confirmed. If a vaccine could have saved 1300 deaths I think it's worth the effort to try and contain this virus.

Got the shot today at 3:30. My hand was kind of forced. Needle was fine. Didn't even feel it but now, about 9 hours later i can feel it. I believe it is an intermuscular vaccine. feels like I just had a shoulder workout.

I heard tonight that the chance of you dying of swine flu is 400,000 to 1. It's about the same as winning the big jackpot on a scratch ticket. Problem is the drug companies don't make any money on those odds. I'll take my chances. If it's my time, it's my time.

While I have some sympathy for this view, I would not risk being wrong by being skeptical, especially where my children and grandchildren are involved. I'm not interested in a gamble when it comes to them, so if H1N1 shots are officially advised, I'd go with the advice.

I don't give much of a dam* if pharmaceuticals make some money.

I posted this on my face book and then more was added.

God this H1n1 is just out of control.

The virology of it is no real difference then a flu other than some genetic anomalies

. Its new and hence no immunity to it, but that can be said of any newly mutated strain of any flu. Those years that we have a severe flu outbreak is just a newly mutated strain that we have no immunity towards

Upwards of 30,000 to 50,000 people yearly die from influenza or complications thereafter.

People die of the flu. This is no consolation to the family of 13-year-old Evan Frustaglio, the Toronto boy who died Monday, apparently after contracting swine flu. But it is true although he had an underlying condition that was impacted by the flu.

This was so before this latest pandemic. It will almost certainly continue to be so in the future. But it is no reason to go off the deep end.

Keep things in perspective. What is worrisome about this particular strain, sometimes known as Novel Swine-origin Influenza A (H1N1), is its newness. We know, according to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, that is contains genes from pigs, humans and birds. We know from experience that such a mix gives it the potential to pass back and forth between species and to become particularly virulent.

Which is presumably one reason why the public health establishment is so fixated on swine flu. The other reason may that world governments are using this pandemic as a test run to see how they would respond to a real crisis.

But what we also know is that, so far, this flu strain has been no more serious than any other.

To put it another way: Before the H1N1 scare, the death of a few wouldn't have led newscasts across the nation.

Consider the facts.

According to the World Health Organization, fewer than 5,000 people have died around the globe from this variant of swine flu. In any normal year, influenza causes between 250,000 and 500,000 deaths worldwide.

In the Southern Hemisphere, the winter flu season is now over. In spite of dire predictions, only 185 people died from swine flu in Australia – considerably fewer than the roughly 3,000 who succumb to seasonal influenza in that country each year.

And no, it wasn't because the population was immunized. Australia's vaccination campaign against swine flu took off last month.

Last week, U.S. President Barack Obama declared swine flu a national emergency after about 1,000 Americans died. Yet according to the Centers for Disease Control, roughly 50,000 Americans die every year from seasonal flu – without any politician paying much attention.

What does seem to be true, according to early statistics, is that this particular strain is harder on people in the prime of their lives. Common flu strains tend to hit the very young and very old.

In that sense, the real novelty of this novel H1N1 strain may be that it is killing the wrong people.

For those youngish and middle-aged people who tend to dominate both politics and the media, this is understandably worrying.

What's more unnerving, however, is the level of hype surrounding this flu virus, hype that at times comes dangerously close to hysteria.

The public health dictum suggesting that people wash their hands to prevent the virus' spread has transformed itself, in some areas (like the Catholic Archdiocese of Ottawa) into a near-ban on shaking hands.

Demand for hand sanitizers has exploded, as individuals and institutions search for ways to make physical contact safe.

Yet experts are divided over handwashing. A 2007 study done for the Public Health Agency of Canada and chaired by Toronto microbiologist Donald Low concluded that the practice does little to prevent flu transmission, largely because this particular virus is airborne.

Polls show that the public is taking a casual attitude toward swine flu. This alarms those beating the H1N1 drum. But given the actual evidence, maybe the public is onto something.

That being said I have always been a fan of having one's own immunity system fight an infection or virus if it's in check obviously. To answer the question would I get the vaccine. No not until its mutated and is much more virulent, and the death rate starts to reach millions globally. This is no Spanish flu from the turn of the century folks

Swine Flu Vaccination -Poison??- From Angry Australian Pharmacist

> "Guys, I'm Emailing you because I'm bloody scared about something.... Read More

>

> I created my Facebook group for fun, and to use it to market my businesses to

> people.

>

> What I'm doing now totally kills my ability to do that, but I don't care. This

> is important.

>

> I'm a qualified pharmacist. I've been researching the swine flu vaccine that our

> government has bought for us (using our money, by the way) and its DANGEROUS.

>

> Its easily a hundred times more dangerous than the swine flu itself, Imo.

>

> Something that freaked me out is that several swine flu vaccine manufacturers

> have asked governments to give them an exemption from lawsuits, in case the

> vaccine caused harm in people. If you made a vaccine that you knew worked, then

> why would you need a legal exemption in case it hurt people? Massive warning

> sign. They don't believe its safe.

>

> The swine flu itself has killed about 2/3000 people total. The regular flu kills

> 40 000 plus per year ? So why are we freaking out about swine flu, and not

> normal flu? Does that make sense? No.

>

> If the regular flu kills 40 000 plus per year, and the swine flu only killed 2/3

> 000 ? Then why are governments buying it in advance, giving it to us for free,

> and giving drug manufacturers immunity to legal cases against them? Does that

> make sense? No.

>

> The swine flu vaccine contains 2 horribly dangerous compounds ? One is called

> thimerosol.

>

> It is made 50% of mercury. It binds to receptors in your brain, and basically

> causes brain damage. Is it smart to be injected with thimerosol, and get brain

> damage, dropping 10 IQ points and going dumb, in order to avoid getting a flu

> that kills 95% less people than regular flu? No.

>

> The other horrible ingredient is called squalene. Squalene accidentally tricks

> your immune system into killing your own cells, which creates autoimmune

> diseases like asthma, multiple scelerosis, diabetes, and a bunch of diseases

> that we don't have a name for yet (because squalene hasnt been used for that

> long, and we have little data on its effects) ? Is is smart to inject yourself

> with that stuff, in order to avoid a relatively mild flu, like the swine flu? No.

>

> If you're a pregnant mother about to take Panvax, ask yourself this ? Why would

> you take Panvax, when it contains Neomycin and Polymyxin B Sulfate ? Both of

> which exhibit positive risk to unborn children ? So as to avoid what? A mild

> flu, that kills 95% fewer people than the regular flu?

>

> Look, I'm a funny guy. Yeah, I make good Facebook groups. People join them by

> the thousands, and laugh. But I'm also a qualified pharmacist. I scored in the

> top 0.1% of my state in school. I'm expert at critical analysis of drugs and

> their effects on humans. And let me be blunt ? If someone came up to me with a

> syringe full of swine flu vaccine, or came near my family with one ? I would

> take the needle off them and poke them with it myself ? Followed by several very

> hard punches. This stuff is poison.

>

> Don't take it. Don't let your friends take it. Don't let your family take it. If

> some idiot in a lab coat asks you if you want it, ask them about thimerosol,

> squalene, and why the company making it wants legal exemption from being sued,

> and watch their face go into ?omg I'm being asked serious questions that I don't

> have the answer to? Mode.

>

> Anyway. I hope you're all well. Chat to you on Facebook sometime :)

>

> Sincerely,

>

> George Mamouzellos

> Bachelor of Pharmacy

> University of South Australia"

The above by Mamouzellos is factual as I have a virologist friend and he said almost to a T the same thing

The National Post today quoted an "outbreak" at Mt Sinai I though wow hundreds t ocreate that sort of news

THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cases come now

While I have been accused of being a conspiricy theroist, this is one that I believe is a CNN and beyond created pandamonia

That 'letter' is just so wrong..and Bull. Thimerosol contain ETHYLMERCURY not METHYLMERCURY and does not bind to your brain and cause brain damage. Methylmercury is the toxin we see in fish...the one that is the one to worry about and the one we ingest each time we eat a fish from the great lakes.

Your virologist friend is contradicted by the WHO and Health Canada. Thimerosol is also in the regular flu vaccine. It is a preservative.

Here is a link to someone who did all the research on the pharmacist. He's actually a DJ.

http://www.youngausskeptics.com/2009/10/wh...tion/#more-4706

If you are looking for answers to your questions, I would definitely not read something off a facebook web page and believe it. Go to the "Public Health Agency Of Canada" website.

Please read and be informed.

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/alert-alerte/h1...1n1-eng.php#vac

These are answers to two of the comments made previously. Why is my arm sore and Mercury in the flu vaccine.

Should children and adults expect the same type of side effects, if any?

The most commonly reported reactions after H1N1 immunization with the adjuvanted vaccine were minor and included pain, swelling and redness at the injection site. This is to be expected because the adjuvant helps the body develop a stronger immune response by increasing the inflammatory response.

Is it true that there is mercury in the vaccine? How much mercury?

Both vaccines contain a small amount of thimerosal. Thimerosal is a form of mercury used in the H1N1 flu vaccine to stabilize it and maintain its quality during storage. Thimerosal is a different form of mercury than the mercury known to cause health problems. The amount in the H1N1 adjuvanted flu vaccine is much less than the daily limit recommended for environmental exposure to mercury. For example, there is significantly less mercury in the vaccine than you would find in a can of tuna fish.

Tom