so... who's sick?

redneck666

hey guys, well, im a grade 11 student up here in the north (sault ste. marie) and 261 kids called in sick the other day and today 300 somethin... i myself have developed "flu like symptoms" but im sure its nothin i got to worry about... anyway i just want to know how many people through out ontario are sick..? any schools closed yet? and maybe the few non-canadians on this site know about the sickness levels in their communities?

Pretty much everything north of Orillia is a mess. Us southern Ontario peeps are just now starting to see it show up... 5 or ten kids per school. My parents live near Powassan and that area is a mess with the H1N1 flu as is the area around TJ's place. At least it will be done by ice fishing season.

Going to get my shot Friday.

are we talkin swine flu sick?

because the swine flu is a beautiful excuse for pharmaceutical companies to cash in BIG time, but thats about all it is.

Tell that to the families of the people who have already died. Many deaths Kemper...many more to come. Not everything is a conspiracy. Sometimes bad things really do happen.

are we talkin swine flu sick?

because the swine flu is a beautiful excuse for pharmaceutical companies to cash in BIG time, but thats about all it is.

well, we're talkin any kind of sick really.. my symptoms are flu like but im sure its not the actual H1N1. as for the bunch of people missing from my school only about 4 had swine flu but the rest were just normal flu and really bad colds.

well, we're talkin any kind of sick really.. my symptoms are flu like but im sure its not the actual H1N1. as for the bunch of people missing from my school only about 4 had swine flu but the rest were just normal flu and really bad colds.

Dont Panic young feller, youll live, boy times have changed, talk about paranoia, 300 missing from school, 4 with swine flu? Betya no one dies. Any Bets. Gad, all we had to skip school was a teachers strike.

Dont Panic young feller, youll live, boy times have changed, talk about paranoia, 300 missing from school, 4 with swine flu? Betya no one dies. Any Bets. Gad, all we had to skip school was a teachers strike.

Ya and you walked 50 miles to school in blinding snow uphill both ways...blah blah.

You never had the issues these kids are facing with higher densities and hi efficiency heating with R2000 buildings...

Don't kid yourself into thinking your generation was tougher than these kids, cause you weren't.

There are more cases than just four..they do not bother swabbing and testing once an outbreak is confirmed since the treatment is about the same. The H1N1 just spreads faster and is more virulent.

Been sick almost for a month now.

Just when I think it,s gone,it,s back. Very frustrating.

I have taken more vit C then I can count. Tablets,oranges even lots of fluids.

It,s going to take some cold temps,I believe, to kill of this.

You should actually try going to a Doctor dumbass!!!... they have meds now that can cure that stuff in a matter of days!.. ever heard of Tamiflu?

.. smoke another cigarette, that'll help! :rolleyes:

Guest Johnny Bass

Well my daughter APPARENTLY has swine flu, but yet no one else around her has contracted it. Go figure. I guess she was special?? If it is a flu and it is contagious? How does that work?

Ya and you walked 50 miles to school in blinding snow uphill both ways...blah blah.

You never had the issues these kids are facing with higher densities and hi efficiency heating with R2000 buildings...

Don't kid yourself into thinking your generation was tougher than these kids, cause you weren't.

There are more cases than just four..they do not bother swabbing and testing once an outbreak is confirmed since the treatment is about the same. The H1N1 just spreads faster and is more virulent.

Baloney, watch American news, then watch ours. You think that there is an Ebola epidemic in Ontario. Just Calm down, before you frighten the masses. As far as issues kids have now a days. Ask any older folk and they will tell you that they are soft and gullable to anything on TV, Video Games and the internet.

I suppose nobody ever lined up in school and got vaccinated for small pox, nothing new, except small pox was truly allot worse than the severest flus. Before anybody jumps me, Like I said to the young feller, dont worry, dont panic, you ll be ok.

Girlfriends sisterwas getting voer swine flu. NO ONE told me before I came over until I saw her in the mask in the computer room. I stayed for 10 minutes and left.

Next morning woke up with a sore throat. I actually took a shot of moonshine hat morning and have been doing it all week. Once I start feeling ill I always resort to moonshine. Works for me.

I suppose nobody ever lined up in school and got vaccinated for small pox, nothing new, except small pox was truly allot worse than the severest flus. Before anybody jumps me, Like I said to the young feller, dont worry, dont panic, you ll be ok.

Uh... Holdie, you're waaay to old bubba!!!... the U.S and other countries stopped vaccinating against smallpox in 1972!!!... the world was declared smallpox free in 1980!... who says vaccinations/innoculations don't work???

Here's an interesting read on a site that was sent to me by a good friend who deals with the human body all the time..

Swine Flu Article

I personally don't believe in getting a shot as I agree that our bodies become stronger by fighting things off. For people with medical conditions or weaker immune system, yes it can help but for someone who is perfectly healthy it's a shame that they would let their body get lazy!

JP

Baloney, watch American news, then watch ours. You think that there is an Ebola epidemic in Ontario. Just Calm down, before you frighten the masses. As far as issues kids have now a days. Ask any older folk and they will tell you that they are soft and gullable to anything on TV, Video Games and the internet.

well, im sure glad you think that way! most of us are not the way you just described. like i said me being sick is probably nothing and to match with you i got to walk some ways to get to school and have never once taken a ride. ya i do have respect for the older generation but not when they talk like their better than everyone!

my school that i teach at closed the doors on thursday and friday of last week, that gave us 4 days to get healthy, today i had a student leave early and it was tested and confirmed h1n1 . its some pretty serious shi( we have been running on about 85% attendance here lateley in southern ohio

jason

Girlfriends sisterwas getting voer swine flu. NO ONE told me before I came over until I saw her in the mask in the computer room. I stayed for 10 minutes and left.

Next morning woke up with a sore throat. I actually took a shot of moonshine hat morning and have been doing it all week. Once I start feeling ill I always resort to moonshine. Works for me.

What you had my young friend is what we call Whisky throat, You weren't into the Captain Crunch(CC) were you?

well, im sure glad you think that way! most of us are not the way you just described. like i said me being sick is probably nothing and to match with you i got to walk some ways to get to school and have never once taken a ride. ya i do have respect for the older generation but not when they talk like their better than everyone!

Boo HOO, I got a good Avatar for you...SWEET CHEEKS

Edited by holdfast

I heard tonight that the chance of you dying of swine flu is 400,000 to 1. It's about the same as winning the big jackpot on a scratch ticket. Problem is the drug companies don't make any money on those odds. I'll take my chances. If it's my time, it's my time.