Selective Steelhead

silverstreak

Hit up a trib yesterday only to find that the steelies were a little hook shy. I guess clear water and heavy Angling pressure will do that.

Several presentations later this 33.5 inch steelie found a plain Black spinner/red tubing to it's likeing.

My best advice......carry it all and switch it up!!!

Good Luck.

IMG_3014_1.jpg

The one bait that has saved the day for me more times than any other, even under low clear conditions, has been the lowly garden hackle. The best ones were what were marketed as baby dews, they were like a half growed dew worm without the collar, thread them thru the nose on the hook the length of the shank. Haven't seen them in a while though for sale.

Beauty piece of steel Jim. I never get used to how they annihilate spinners - No signs of subtlety there.LOL Great chatting with you on the river yesterday.

The one bait that has saved the day for me more times than any other, even under low clear conditions, has been the lowly garden hackle. The best ones were what were marketed as baby dews, they were like a half growed dew worm without the collar, thread them thru the nose on the hook the length of the shank. Haven't seen them in a while though for sale.

They sell live 'trout worms' at one of my local tackle shops (I think they're also called red worms - they don't look red.LOL). They look like smaller, thinner versions of the cobra sized dewies. Great bait...Unfortunately chubs and suckers love them too.

Edited by MJL