Weekend on the Quinte - Oct 24th & 25th

hodgey

Hey Gents,

We were out on Quinte with a few guys over the weekend, we had a great weekend of fishing; we hit multiple species Smallies, Sheephead, Silver Bass, Channel Cat, Pike, Perch…..and yes a ton Walleye.

In most areas of the Bay the water temp was 48ºF to 52ºF, with winds from SW @ 5km/hr to W @ 35km/hr.

The Trolling for us was best around Thomson’s Point to Sherman’s Pt…trolling bite was pretty good, we hit numerous Walleye with a few solid 10lbers, best bait was Blue/Silver Reef Runner, with a few on the Iridescent Reef Runner. Each morning we trolled for a few hours and then turned to the jig bite…..and boy did we catch a lot of Walleye. We hit over 150 Walleye (over 2 days) jigging with a few around 10lbs, but most of them from 1.5lbs to 3lbs (Great eaters). While jigging, we also hit multiple species from a few of our Hot Spots…including a 12lb Channel Cat and a 3.5lb Smallie. Those of you who only troll are really missing out...Yes, trolling is a great way to hit big Walleye, however if you know how to target Bay of Quinte walleye, you can catch big walleye like we did......and it's WAY more fun.

Happy trolling LOL :lol:

Here are a few pics.

Cheers, Hodgey…

img8775640x480.jpg

img8782640x480.jpg

img8788640x480.jpg

Looks like the action has picked up! Good news!

Wanted to thank you and Grant for an excellent day on the water. Jimmy survived the ride home despite the wind :)

If work settles we may get a chance to venture back later in November.

Good to see the strategies worked -- for everyone but us I guess :)

Again, my thanks!

Kevin

Were you the guy we talked to at the Picton Harbor Inn? I was in the blue&White Princecraft and our partner had the same boat as yours but black was won in the Perch fest. You were drifting at Thompson's as we trolled by. I wish I could have talked the guys into jigging. We marked a ton of fish there. Congrats on your catch. Jigging is on the menu for our next trip.

Thanks for sharing

Saw you guys as well, we got our one and only fish on Sat. Winds Sat night were crazy and the ORWL group decided to pack up and head home. We wil be back next weekend to try another kick at the can, hopefully the wind will not be nuts.

Here are a couple of shots of the fish we got. 30 1/4"

quinteoct24th092.jpg

quinteoct24th093.jpg

quinteoct24th09.jpg

One other boat got 6 eyes and 2 goats on Sat. And another boat got 2 eyes and a 12lb laker (oos) released right away but what a nice fish.

Hopefully we will get more next time out, it ony gets better from here.