Lure sale at Wallymart

HTHM

Don't shop at Wall-mart

I couldn't agree more. Goggle a phrase like "Wal-mart is evil" and spend a couple of minutes learning about the utter disregard Wal-mart has for everyone that stands in its way of making greater and greater profits. They stick it to everyone they come in contact with from their employees to their suppliers. Those low prices come at a high cost...and don't forget that once they've successfully undermined enough of their competition those competitive prices will give way to monopoly imposed gouging. Make no mistake, that is their ultimate goal.

Wal-mart is the perfect example of how corporations can generally not break any laws but still demonstrate how completely and utterly ammoral they truly are.

Moral highground aside, I've seen the fishing section and the walmart in Sudbury and it's a freaking joke. Pretty much all kid's stuff.

I couldn't agree more. Goggle a phrase like "Wal-mart is evil" and spend a couple of minutes learning about the utter disregard Wal-mart has for everyone that stands in its way of making greater and greater profits. They stick it to everyone they come in contact with from their employees to their suppliers. Those low prices come at a high cost...and don't forget that once they've successfully undermined enough of their competition those competitive prices will give way to monopoly imposed gouging. Make no mistake, that is their ultimate goal.

Wal-mart is the perfect example of how corporations can generally not break any laws but still demonstrate how completely and utterly ammoral they truly are.

Moral highground aside, I've seen the fishing section and the walmart in Sudbury and it's a freaking joke. Pretty much all kid's stuff.

I feel exactly the same way about the Tim Hortons Monopoly, they knocked out all the Ma and Pa coffee places and now you can't go a block without running into a Timmies.

Watch the price increases fly, in fact didn't we just get hit another 10c a cup recently?

Monopolies like that cut down on our options as consumers and allows them to set the price wherever they like.

Sorry about Hi-Jacking your thread Hometownhandyman!!

Had to get it off my chest...

I feel exactly the same way about the Tim Hortons Monopoly, they knocked out all the Ma and Pa coffee places and now you can't go a block without running into a Timmies.

Watch the price increases fly, in fact didn't we just get hit another 10c a cup recently?

Monopolies like that cut down on our options as consumers and allows them to set the price wherever they like.

Sorry about Hi-Jacking your thread Hometownhandyman!!

Had to get it off my chest...

Tim Horton's isn't a Monopoly.....

Never mind lures at Wallyworld, has anyone stopped in at Epp's lately? Fully stocked and unbelievable prices. I picked two Walley Divers for 4.49 each, they are over $8.00 at Canadian Tire. Bags of YUM grubs and worms in the $4.00 range. I couldn't believe what I was seeing (this was two weeks ago, lots of stock).

Jim

PS. regarding Tim's, take a thurmos from home if you like and let others do as they see fit. It kills me though, that people would go on strike to make $35 more a month but don't think twice about dropping that much and more on their "Timmies" every work day. But to each his own (and get thee to Epp's)