Now THAT'S a moose!!!

bigfish1965

wow those beasts are giant. can't believe some hunt these big creatures for fun.

any idea how old are they?

5 to 10 years old likely. They are only fun till you shoot them, when you have to drag them out of the bush it is all work.

wow those beasts are giant. can't believe some hunt these big creatures for fun.

any idea how old are they?

That there would be a year's supply of meat for some lucky family. Don't snigger, I've known a few families who have depended on game as the sole supply of meat over winter.

That there would be a year's supply of meat for some lucky family. Don't snigger, I've known a few families who have depended on game as the sole supply of meat over winter.

That fact still holds true. I also know of some to this day.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

mild mannered?

come up to canada in october and walk through the bush with a fake rack on your head! then you'll see how mild mannered a pissed off bull is! :P

mild mannered?

walk through the bush with a fake rack on your head!

Fake racks are a dime a dozen these days. Speaking of which, has anyone else ever seen that documentary about that woman artist from Quebec that walks with the Moose?? I've seen it twice but haven't seen it in over 10 years. Amazing show. She does exactly what you're talking about Doc and she has the Moose in the palm of her hands. And her artistic talents are amazing.

Imagine if you will.....pedal to the floor in reverse on a dirt road in an astro van....why ???? because a mild mannered moose wanted to ask for directions to the water hole??? i dont think so ...

luckily the dust storm from going so fast in reverse stopped him from charging on

GCD i had bow for supper last night ...and Caribou tonight ...if there was wild boar around these parts i would have that tomorrow night ...but i think ill settle for an American delicacy of a milked out Holstein from our local Mc Donalds

Edited by Twocoda

mild mannered?

come up to canada in october and walk through the bush with a fake rack on your head! then you'll see how mild mannered a pissed off bull is! :P

Seems like a reasonable thing that most people would do for fun.

Then travel to the arctic covered in seal blubber and blood and throw ice at a polar bear, surely it wont be provoked. :dunno:

Geeze those are Huge :o

I've seen a fair share from a distance and a handfull up close and personal but none quite that big.

Beautifull and healthy I might add....

If one of my buddies brought me that to butcher I think I'd have to charge some overtime LOL!

Fake racks are a dime a dozen these days. Speaking of which, has anyone else ever seen that documentary about that woman artist from Quebec that walks with the Moose?? I've seen it twice but haven't seen it in over 10 years. Amazing show. She does exactly what you're talking about Doc and she has the Moose in the palm of her hands. And her artistic talents are amazing.

" La Femme aux Orignaux"

She was killed by a bull a few years back...........

I'll try to find a link...........

RFS

:canadian: