Fleming Work(Pictures added)

MCTFisher9120

It was great to get in with those guys and I am hoping to be out there for every event. Last year only the 2 bosses did it because there were no volunteers :o I am shocked that with so many fishermen at our school nobody was there at times. I'm in for good like I told Chris, if a tank needs to be cleaned or the floors in there whatever. Anything to give those guys a break I'll be there to help out.

Mike ... glad to see you're sticking to your guns and following my advice. I built up nearly a 2-page list of volunteer Fish & Wildlife activities on my resume over the years while I gained experience to finally get the Fisheries Scientist job I have now. The volunteer work opened a ton of doors and got me many summer seasonal PAID jobs with the OMNR, OFAH, Environment Canada and so on. Keep at it!

Edited by lhousesoccer

Mike ... glad to see you're sticking to your guns and following my advice. I built up nearly a 2-page list of volunteer Fish & Wildlife activities on my resume over the years while I gained experience to finally get the Fisheries Scientist job I have now. The volunteer work opened a ton of doors and got me many summer seasonal PAID jobs with the OMNR, OFAH, Environment Canada and so on. Keep at it!

Shootin with the PT/FT job with the Hatchery this summer...We will see what happens.

regardless of the bantering that may go...

GOOD FOR YOU MIKE ! It is a labour of love and your attidude is perfect for helping ....its an experience through out the whole process and you are richer for it for volunteering...your payoff comes when one of the complainers about the stocking( or any angler) actually catches one and becomes a fan of the atlantics that YOU had a hand in making it possible...since the atlantics ARE suckers for shinny things ( as stated) maybe consideration should be made to shut down the release river from lures permanently to fly rods only <_< ...just like the Miramichi in New Brunswick...

New handle : Mike the Salmon Releaser

Edited by Twocoda