A fine day on Simcoe

bigugli

Finally, after a very long day, I get to post my report.

Was extended an invite for perchin by crappieperchhunter (aka Steve), and finally was able to take him up on the offer. Am I glad I did.

As is typical for fall, the morning started slow until the sun warmed things up. What followed was 5 steady hours of action with a lot of quality fish thrown into the mix.

DSCN2845.jpg

One of 2 sinkfuls.

DSCN2846.jpg

I am truly blessed by the good people and friends I have come to know over the years, and OFC has a disproportionate number of quality people within its ranks. It's something one should never take for granted.

Thank you for a great day on the water Steve.

Been there a few times with Steve...

Don't you just love the launch ? :lol:

I guess he told you how good it was a few years ago...anytime I can catch over 100 quality perch in a few short hours...I'm happy... :thumbsup_anim: (only ever keep about a dozen)

My bro-in-law and I caught 4 good sized perch and 4 dinks yesterday on Pigeon Lake in a cove we deked into to get out of the wind...ended up releasing them all...

Glad you had a fun time...

Edited by Beans

I hit Simcoe early yesterday for an hour or two. I had to leave before the action started.

It was dead in the morning (7:30 to 9:30). I was in Kemp, and my self and a few others prety well got skunked on the perch. Lots of blue gills and bass though..

Yeah I enjoyed it Bruce. I'm glad you guys made it up and I'm happy you took a few home for a good fish fry. The 11 I kept are scheduled for a supper appearance as soon as I get off OFC and start cooking :P

BTW thanx again for the jar of pickles AND the jar of salsa. I tried one dill it was great...and the salsa is almost half gone...you did an outstanding job on that.

You and Robert are welcome in my boat anytime.

I'll return the jars this winter if I get down for smelts.

was a wonderful day out nice to finally meet you steve

The pleasure was all mine Robert. We had a great day. Nothing better for me then sharing a nice fall day perching with other fishermen who enjoy it as much as I do. Make sure you tell your old man to take it easy in the next little while,cause I'm looking forward to getting down your way with you boys.

Right on Bruce :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like you've got a good feed of perch!!! What was the final tally if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for sharing

Jacques

For the son and I, we kept 66 in the 9-12" size. Hate to think how many the three of us put back.

For the son and I, we kept 66 in the 9-12" size. Hate to think how many the three of us put back.

I was waiting to see if you where gonna respond to this Bruce. Without counting your fish my estimate was that you guys had 60. I guess I was pretty close ;)

Like I told you guys it was a sub par day in there....hopefully next time you get to see it's true colours. With those big schools of shiners that we saw moving in, things should pick up in November.