Annual LSC Report

Joey

Went down for our annual LSC trip a bit early this year. It is usually in November, but the gang decided the weather was always terrible so we'd have it in October this year. Unfortunately, the weather decided to become November weather just for us, ha ha ha.

We arrived Thursday evening and Adam and Sandy were already there. The wind was there too, and the rain. We hunkered down in our motel room and chatted and had a few laughs.

Friday morning we woke up to rain and wind at 35 kph, gusting to 48 kph from the East. Adam and Sandy decided to give the river a try while we waited out the wind and kept checking the lake. It was a no go and those two came back, cold, wet and skunked on the river. They said it was dangerous even on the river, so Friday was a wash. Ruth, Don and Phil showed up Friday and we all headed out for chicken wings at a local bar. Mmmmmm, chicken wings :lol: Dang!!

Here is the lovely Sandy, looking radiant as usual.

4044246433_bcf41083e4_b.jpg

Don and Paul deciding what to eat.

4044247387_33d7a19bd8_b.jpg

Adam, Ruth and Phil smiling for the camera.

4044993490_6c0bf90513_b.jpg

Adam and I posing for a pic so Don can check out the shutter speed on my camera B)

4044995354_a54d5817be_b.jpg

We headed back to the motel after wings and the sky seemed to be clearing up a bit. It looked pretty cool.

4044250589_5fe716d842_b.jpg

Lew and Pete showed up Saturday morning and even tho it was windy once again, and raining on and off, we all decided to head out onto the lake and give it a shot.

It was choppy at first and a nice rainbow showed up after the approximate 10 minutes of sun we got for the entire day.

4044251293_f145d1e436_b.jpg

Then it just got stupid windy and the waves were about 4 foot rollers. I did not do well and wish I had brought some dramomine. We made it about 4 hours and got the heck off the water.

4044996980_af1dd740d4_b.jpg

I took a quick video, and this was after it was at its worst and I got out of the fetal position on the floor crying :lol: and hanging on for dear life :rolleyes: Believe me, the video does not do how bad it was any justice.

Phil had brought some Erie perch filets with him and we had a cookout in the motel parking lot that night, in the rain :rolleyes: But it was tasteeeeee!! Phil brought his deep fryer and the perch were nice and crispy and it was nice to sit around, chat and feed our faces with natures bounty. Thanks again Phil, that was fantastic.

Sunday morning we awoke to winds of 7 kph, woohoooo!!! We all headed down to the lake and Mike (Mr. Eh) showed up to fish wish us.

The sun actually came out and it turned into a beautiful day.

Ruth driving the Batmobile while Don and Phil set up.

4044252661_bdedc08ec2_b.jpg

I thought we were in for a tornado for a minute here.

4044253377_2ceb6df796_b.jpg

Paul caught the first fish of the day, a nice little 28 incher, but his LSC curse was lifted and he was ready for more and our spirits were up :thumbsup_anim:

4044999082_b6e9311198_b.jpg

I just love the colour of their eyes.

4044999140_df4cf3e812_o.jpg

Here's Pete and Lew cruising nearby.

4044999452_0b87c701f6_b.jpg

I was up next with a nice little 42 incher.

4045000334_53927ecf8e_b.jpg

Paul was up next with a wee guy, so he just released it boatside.

4045001756_8ba1bbcf7e_b.jpg

We were getting ready to head back and the one of the lines went off again. I was hoping it would be a nice big one for Paul so told him to grab it and it ended up being another little guy, no measurement, but I got a shot of his face, which had a cut on it. He was a feisty one so it may have been from our lure or a previous gash.

4044257543_3e10834718_b.jpg

So we ended up having a 4 musky day, which was fine by us.

All the fish revived and swam away so fast I was amazed. It was nice to see them so healthy and full of piss and vinegar.

We got off the lake around 3 p.m. and said our goodbyes and headed home. Traffic home was a breeze.

So besides the nasty weather, it was a really nice time and we'd like to thank Sandy and Adam for putting up with us again this year, and it was great to see Don, Ruth, Phil, Lew, Pete and Mike again. See you all next year again :thumbsup_anim:

Joey

Excellent report and pics Joey!!! :Gonefishing::canadian::thumbsup_anim:

That weather looks brutal in those first pics!!! :angry: ... and after a night out eating spicy chicken wings! *insert green face emoticon here*

I'm glad y'all got one good day in with some fish though!!! :clapping: That 42" is a beauty!... did anyone else catch fish?... or were y'all the only ones with luck/skill for the day?

It was good to see some of the old familiar faces looking nice and healthy in your "night out" pics! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for taking the time to put that together! ;)

... oh!... and congrats to Paul on the 28"! :thumbsup_anim: a Musky is a Musky, and it's 28" bigger than any I've ever caught! :P

Great report, Joey. Congrats on the fish.

Man, I gotta say that Don's boat looks like an official OPP or CG vessel approaching to board. What a beauty boat and yours ain't too shabby either! :D

ps. Weren't Lew and Pete hungry enough to hit the wings with you guys?

pps. Oops, I just was called a ninny for not realizing that Lew and Pete didn't arrive until Saturday and the wings were on Friday night. Excuse me while I go stand in the corner.

Man, I gotta say that Don's boat looks like an official OPP or CG vessel approaching to board. What a beauty boat and yours ain't too shabby either!

You got that right Roy

I was lucky enough to be aboard Deg's boat, the seahawk is a cruise liner, all I needed was a badge :D

It was indeed a great weekend with greater friends, despite the high winds & waves but everybody had good boats under them & knew how to handle them, and I think at least a couple muskies went into every boat.

Edited by lew

did anyone else catch fish?... or were y'all the only ones with luck/skill for the day?

Dawg, Sandy and Adam caught one on Wednesday I believe, before we got there, then on the bad weather day, Ruth and Phil both got nice ones and I believe Lew got one aswell. So as Lew said, every boat got into some, so it was a successful trip as far as the fishing went too. :thumbsup_anim:

Looks like we missed out on a great time. My Niece's wedding was this weekend, I would have enjoyed that just as much. (OK, I'm lying, I would have enjoyed that more). Some mighty fine folks you chum around with Joey.

Say hi to Snady and Adam next time you guys chat.

Cheers, Ron...