Adding Some Flash and Action to Plastic.

Fishnwire

This past summer I did really well for smallmouth bass using plastic. Power lizards, worms, craws and tubes produced consistently throughout almost the entire season. I'm not sure why I want to mess with success, but I've had a few ideas for adding some flash and action to plastic to come up with some different presentations. Here are some of the results.

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

I used 12 lb Seagur as leader material, where necessary. I haven't tested any to see how they run yet. I'll be interested to see if I manage to get some funky action into my plastic...I'm hoping for an undulating kind of thing. I probably won't get to really try them out until next summer. Any comments, questions tips or tricks would be appreciated. If you think they are the dumbest things you've ever seen, feel free to say so.

Guest skeeter99
This past summer I did really well for smallmouth bass using plastic. Power lizards, worms, craws and tubes produced consistently throughout almost the entire season. I'm not sure why I want to mess with success, but I've had a few ideas for adding some flash and action to plastic to come up with some different presentations. Here are some of the results.

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

I used 12 lb Seagur as leader material, where necessary. I haven't tested any to see how they run yet. I'll be interested to see if I manage to get some funky action into my plastic...I'm hoping for an undulating kind of thing. I probably won't get to really try them out until next summer. Any comments, questions tips or tricks would be appreciated. If you think they are the dumbest things you've ever seen, feel free to say so.

all those baits you mentioned just add about 3 inches of flouro tied to the hook and put a fly, the fly trails behind your main bait

absolutley deadly on smallmouth and good for perch

other than that on plastic throw them out!!! and buy a jackall giron and you are good

Awesome job Fishnwire.

Looks like you've got yourself some deadly combinations in those modified lures. I would shorten the trailer a bit and instead of using a single hook, I'd put a smaller treble. You can ever dress it with feathers or buck tail hair.

Let us know the results when you get to field test them.

Leechman

Creative..thats for sure and I can't see why it wouldn't produce. I've really come to believe that fish get conditioned to certain lures in high pressured waters and something new yet practical usually add's some fish to the count. Let us know how they work.

Thanks