What am i doing wrong?

Fishnwire

Trying to post pictures from Facebook and/or Photobucket. I tried using the "manage attachments" thing but I want to write a report with multiple pics. 250K is not a lot.

9422_196763821752_619981752_3762794_6350450_s.jpg

th_IMG_1591.jpg

Sorry to waste space and people's time...can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've seen reports by other members with dozens of full size pics...what gives?

Edited by Fishnwire

For photobucket, go to your page that shows thumbnails of your photos. Hover your cursor over a photo and a menu appears. Click on "IMG CODE" and you'll see it highlight. Press CTRL-C combination on your keyboard to copy the code.

Then go anywhere you want to paste the code and press CTRL-V to paste.

For convenience, you can paste a bunch of these codes into something like NOTEPAD and then use them from there.

In this forum, when you paste the image code into your post, the picture will appear when you finish the post and upload to the site.

Here I've replaced the square brackets with brace brackets so you can see what an image code should look like...

{IMG}http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy350/hjtoby/stearman1.jpg{/IMG}

Edited by Jocko

Jocko has it!

Easiest way to explain it is just to copy the URL of your picture (the ones you posted) and click on the image to the left of the smilie (its a landscape with a sun and sky). When you click on it a pop up should open asking you to post the images link and click ok. Not sure why you are having trouble.

9422_196763821752_619981752_3762794_6350450_s.jpg

th_IMG_1591.jpg

Trying to post pictures from Facebook and/or Photobucket. I tried using the "manage attachments" thing but I want to write a report with multiple pics. 250K is not a lot.

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs247.snc1/9422_196763821752_619981752_3762794_6350450_s.jpg[img/]

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad178/Fishnwire/th_IMG_1591.jpg[img/]

Sorry to waste space and people's time...can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've seen reports by other members with dozens of full size pics...what gives?

FishinWire, you can use the preview post button before submitting your report to see if you have the pic posting right.

Posting pics is a breeze when you get the hang of it with photobucket, just hover your courser of the pic you want to post and the drop down menu of image codes will appear go down to the bottom code IMG and left click on your mouse to highlight it, then right click and choose copy... then all you have to do is right click your mouse where you want the pic in your report and choose paste. I like to have 2 browser windows open when doing a report, I have my OFC report in one window and photobucket in the other window much easier to switch back and forth to select pics!

Then as I mentioned above, you can click the preview post button before submitting your report to see if the pics will show up.

just hover your courser of the pic you want to post and the drop down menu of image codes will appear go down to the bottom code IMG and left click on your mouse to highlight it, then right click and choose copy... then all you have to do is right click your mouse where you want the pic in your report and choose paste.

Yes, right-clicking the mouse and choosing from the little menu that pops up has the same effect as CTRL-C and CTRL-V.

In HTML (again with square brackets to replace the brace brackets), something like {b} begins a command and {/b} ends a command.

i.e.

{quote} begin quote

{/quote} end quote

{img} begin image command

{/img} end image command

Irishfield nailed it right on the head. That's my problem right there. Backslash in the wrong place.

Thanks everybody.

It sounds like you're typing the URL?... if you are, you really should give copy and paste a try. It'll open up a whole new world for you!

Here's a youtube tutorial on copy and paste if you're interested:

Edited by GCD

No no GCD, I'm not typing the URL...I've got the whole cut, copy and paste thing figured out. Thanks anyway. The fact of the matter is I used a computer for years before I learned that skill and its surprising how often you run into someone who is clueless about those functions.