lund on board chargers

workwear

i have a factory on board lund charger on my pro v ...right now the three bank charger charge two trolling motors batteries and the main cranking battery .....well here is my dilemma im changing my trolling motor to a 36v set up i was fotunate to score a good deal on a riptide 101lbs and of course its a 36v....question now is can i charge all three trolling motors from the same unit and exclude the main cranking motor....or is the charger set up for two deep cycles and one cranking battery....

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers pete

It was designed for deep cycles in the first place... not a cranking, so won't be an issue.

I'm having issues with mine from time to time.. one bank doesn't want to click off to green light standby at times and boils a battery with it staying on a single red light. Not a battery issue.. I've switched leads. Ever have this happen with yours??

no not at all wayne......plug and play so far ......no issues with mine at all.....

so what your saying is i can disconnect the main battery from the charger and dedicate it to the trolling batteries.....and if i need a charge on the main i can always hook up a seperate charger......as of now ive rarely had issues for the main motor not being charged......

thanks....

Yep... that's what it's designed for. Wish I had a three bank in mine to charge my kicker motor battery... it gets run down if I leave the power steering hooked up when trolling slow on the kicker. Draw is more than alternator feed....one of Merc/lunds major brain farts just to offer an option.

So ya just hook up all three batteries for the trolling motor to each bank of the charger. You could still leave lines to the cranking as well and put a DPDT (double pole double throw) toggle switch on them. That way if you did get a low starter you could throw the switch.. plug in the charger and you'd be back to doing what you use to... and once you get green lights throw the toggle and charge that last battery for the trolling motor.

Edited by irishfield

Yes the Verado is supposed to have a dedicated starter battery and it should be an AGM battery. When it comes right down to it you're not supposed to have accessories hooked up to it at all.. and I have them all hooked to the kickers battery. The kicker has it's own battery and the Verado charges both batteries thru an isolator. When the kicker is running it only charges it's own battery... but if you leave the power steering hooked up the kicker alternator can't keep up. Has about 5 hours before you're behind the power curve and the Lowrance shuts down going thru 10.7 volts. I just leave the power steering wires from the kicker unhooked. Not that hard to steer at a couple MPH.