Greys Bewick Center Pin

Flatbackdreamer

Like the 50 or so other posts so far this fall. I'm also contemplating about hanging up my Diawa 1300 for a centre pin.

One that has caught my eye so far is the Greys Bewick, it's a 4.25 and weighs 7oz, price is about $200. It also has a

life time warranty. Others I've noticed lack this option, Vectras have a 5yr and all others I've looked at only say 1yr.

Anyone happen to have any knowledge or experience with these pins??

Thanks!

I've been seriously contemplating on getting that reel myself...For me reels in the 4" to 4.25" size feel much more comfortable to use - Already have a 4" Milner Kingfisher, 3 7/8" Kingpin or another new 4" Angspec on my 'new toy' shortlist :whistling:

The Greys centrepin isn't a very popular reel anywhere (Europe or North America). I've been having a hard time finding reviews and info about it myself. You may have better luck getting info on British match fishing forums or British carp fishing forums about this reel. A quick google search should come up with many.

Edited by MJL

I've been seriously contemplating on getting that reel myself...For me reels in the 4" to 4.25" size feel much more comfortable to use - Already have a 4" Milner Kingfisher, 3 7/8" Kingpin or another new 4" Angspec on my 'new toy' shortlist :whistling:

The Greys centrepin isn't a very popular reel anywhere (Europe or North America). I've been having a hard time finding reviews and info about it myself. You may have better luck getting info on British match fishing forums or British carp fishing forums about this reel. A quick google search should come up with many.

cool

You can read a review of it here: Greys Berwick Review

The Berwick is a nice reel, but I wouldn't get too hung up on the lifetime warranty. There isn't a whole lot to a centrepin to begin with, and even less that would be covered under a warranty repair anyway. Warranty won't cover bearings wearing out or damage from dropping it ... there isn't much else to go wrong.

Unless you fish mainly small creeks, you might consider a slightly larger reel in the 4-1/2 inch range. The extra diameter doesn't add much weight, yet it greatly increases line pickup, which can be a big plus if you fish medium-large rivers.