Trip to the Blue Zone

Vanselena

Looks like a slaughter on the water!!!... but then again, I always do well on a charter trip too!... I figure, if I'm paying "high-dollar" for this trip... I'm paying for the fish too!!!

I only charter fish waters I'm unfamiliar with, like 20 to 40 miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico... if I were to charter a trip in familiar waters, I would feel ashamed!!!

Kind of like hiring a guide to fish waters that you live 2 minutes from... like some members here do!!! :rolleyes:

They ARE very nice fish. But the problem is that you can't fish again till you've consumed a few of what you already have. I'm sure you have some good recipes and they'll go fast.

That depends if he's in possession of 5 fish...

He may have only kept 4 eaten 1 or 2 within days... the other guys may have taken more

who knows...

you just helped out the big boys for next summer by removing a few smaller fish...

He's within his legal limit...

LOL... only if he had 4 guys with him, which has not been confirmed for you to make that statement.

Although I do suspect that is the case.. and Lake O is a put and take fishery on the species caught.

Unfortunate that it was posted in the maner it was simply to stir the pot... otherwise Matt would have started with "4 buddies and I hit the blue zone today"...

Edited by irishfield

He's within his legal limit...

Good catch!

Swordfish, there are always going to be those that sit at their computer wanting to stir the pot or perhaps try and read into things and then stir the pot (not talking about Swordfish) . Maybe they just need to get out and fish and spend less time on the computer.

In regards to post about limits in the freezer, it is true that you can only keep your limit of a species that was caught in the province or state you reside in. In this case the fish were caught in another country whereby the lake has no part connecting to Ontario so I am pretty sure Ontario limits do not apply. That being said I don't plan on fishing salmon or trout until next spring and it is highly likely my freezer will be void of fish by that time.

Fishing in a foreign country, as well as being morally wrong, you would have to be really really stupid to keep or even think of keeping in excess of your legal limit.

Edited by Vanselena

Ill keep my limit of fish too every now and then. Gotta love a fresh feed ! Did you use the torpedo diver to catch those ?

Hey Richyb, ya we were using torpedo's but we were also using other tools to create the right group dynamic in our spread.

The key to successful fishing is to create a spread that causes the fish to come looking for you instead of you looking for the fish and then give the fish natural offerings, the Torpedo Divers give the opportunity for the natural offerings. As one friend said, " the fish are congregating and following our spread"