Bancroft area for the weekend

cityfisher

Hi all,

Rented a cottage with the wife for the weekend in bancroft, Should i bother bringing my boat? i will be on elephant lake.

Will the bass be biting this time of year?

My backup plan is to bring the atv and some grouse load but dont like the idea of tones of moose hunters running around the woods in the area.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I was up to Bancroft several times this past summer, I was lucky enough to be able to bring both. ATV on the back of the pick-up boat on a trailer behind. I'm glad I didn't have to pick, but right now with all the hunting and this area basically shuts down to hunt I'd probably bring the boat.

thanks all for the comments... decided to bring the ATV... found some nice trails in the area and went for a couple nice runs... surprised to not see one grouse during my couple days out there.. noticed 2-3 boats a day on the water.. not alot but the weather was better than expected... I came down with the flu the day i go there so the ATV was good enough...

If i was feeling better the boat would of been the way to go... great scenary this time of the year up there!