Favorite fishing shows?

ehg

I remember as a child seeing the Red Fisher show and it was OK but can't really remember any of it now.

Then came along Bob Izumi and that was pretty good since he mostly did Ontario locations.

But back 15yrs. ago or so i saw a show called "Simply Fishing" where i guy was fishing for muskies on topwaters,

or big lakers or pike. Even though it was in locations i never would go to the fish were spectacular!

Here is some links i found on youtube, he is still at it...

My favorite type of fishing here, very nice stuff!

When I was a kid and I couldn’t get out on the weekend, I’d wake up at 6:30am to watch: In-Fisherman, Fishin’ Canada, Canadian Sports-fishing, Real Fishing, Going Fishing, Bill Dance, Roland martin + more till lunch time. Also enjoyed the odd episode of FishTV with Leo and Steve and really like Shaun Rickard’s urban outdoor adventure. I used to tape shows if they were about carp or steelhead.

I was a huge Italo and Henry fan back in the day because they fished for so many different species in different ways…Then they hit up Bronte and the Trent… :whistling:

I stopped watching fishing shows now…a lot of material seems rehashed from season to season and even episode to episode…How many different ways can Italo catch BOQ walleye using tail-dancers or Chronzey catching northern walleye using Gulp minnows on jig heads? For me I’m more interested in learning new stuff to try out in my own fishing. I don't have WFN and haven't seen Dave Mercer's or JP's shows but they sound really informative. Might buy the DVD's when/if they ever come out.

I started out in the 70's watching the Red Fisher Show.

It ruined me for life!!!!!!! :lol:

As no one in my family fishes but me, good old Red was my Saturday morning mentor in all things fishing when I was a younun'.

I remeber vividly Red and Bobby Hull fishing at Plummers Lodge on Great Bear Lake.

I said to myself that I was going to fish there someday, I think I was 12 or 13 at the time.

Well, in 1991 I fished there. :thumbsup_anim:

In 1995 I went and worked as a guide at one of Plummers other lodges on the lake and have been going there almost yearly ever since!!!!

Thanks Red, I owe you one!!!! :worthy:

I would still rather watch his shows more than a lot of the shows produced now.

thats what HD PVR is for...can u evn get WFN with bell?

Yep.

I have never ordered it 'cause every time I look to see what's on it's BASS fishing!!!!! :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

There ain't a bloody bass within a 1000 km of me!!!!!! :P

I try to watch it when they have their free preview but can't handle watching bass fishing.

Sorry if I offended any of you bass fishers. :lol:

P.S. I have a crap load of bass fishing stuff from my days in Ontario if any one is looking to buy some. B)

i think italo labignan on Canadian-sportfishing is my all time favourite fishing host and show... he took the time to show how to rig for bass ,pike,salmon,steelhead,browns etc...and he even shows where it can be bought and the packaging...even though he doesn't always stay within places that are close he does say the name of the rivers even on ontario tribs. he catches them and tells you how to adjust to get the fish on your trips.My personal favourite show...well fishing show at least

My favourite episode of any fishing show was when" Red" hung the rod above the fireplace and said he was done.

Skutlebut lodge taught me more than anyone can imagine. Bob Izumi is the man. Excuse me while I cry again.

Thanks Red and thank you Bob!!!

When I was a kid and I couldn’t get out on the weekend, I’d wake up at 6:30am to watch: In-Fisherman, Fishin’ Canada, Canadian Sports-fishing, Real Fishing, Going Fishing, Bill Dance, Roland martin + more till lunch time. Also enjoyed the odd episode of FishTV with Leo and Steve and really like Shaun Rickard’s urban outdoor adventure. I used to tape shows if they were about carp or steelhead.

I was a huge Italo and Henry fan back in the day because they fished for so many different species in different ways…Then they hit up Bronte and the Trent… :whistling:

I stopped watching fishing shows now…a lot of material seems rehashed from season to season and even episode to episode…How many different ways can Italo catch BOQ walleye using tail-dancers or Chronzey catching northern walleye using Gulp minnows on jig heads? For me I’m more interested in learning new stuff to try out in my own fishing. I don't have WFN and haven't seen Dave Mercer's or JP's shows but they sound really informative. Might buy the DVD's when/if they ever come out.

Same here MJL but Ill nix on buying fishing videos. Did you ever watch Rod and Reel Streamside? That was my favorite of all time. Im sure Roy must of seen it, on Watertown NY PBS

I started out in the 70's watching the Red Fisher Show.

It ruined me for life!!!!!!! :lol:

As no one in my family fishes but me, good old Red was my Saturday morning mentor in all things fishing when I was a younun'.

I remeber vividly Red and Bobby Hull fishing at Plummers Lodge on Great Bear Lake.

I said to myself that I was going to fish there someday, I think I was 12 or 13 at the time.

Well, in 1991 I fished there. :thumbsup_anim:

In 1995 I went and worked as a guide at one of Plummers other lodges on the lake and have been going there almost yearly ever since!!!!

Thanks Red, I owe you one!!!! :worthy:

I would still rather watch his shows more than a lot of the shows produced now.

Spent hundreds of 1/2 hours watching Red and his adventures, listening to his poetry. (I've got a signed copy somewheres) That was only on those weekends when we weren't fishing. He taught me a lot in my impressionable youth.

While not an exclusively fishing show, hunting was also featured, the best I remember was the original

" American Sportsman " with Curt Gowdy. High profile guests from an age when Hollywood embraced hunting and fishing, most vivid memory was one were Bing Crosby and Phil Harris were bird hunting with comical chat and razzing between them, Robert Stack who was skeet shooting instructor to the stars when he was encouraged to try acting and also sports figures like Ted Williams, probably one of the best flyfisherman that ever lived. Now we got the Hollywood P3TA wackos. :wallbash:

Seriously I never had WFN and I never touched my TV in my room, but here's a little tip if you guys are with Rogers and want the WFN channel. I own a couple of their services like TV, cellphone, home phone, internet etc. Call in into their customer relations and ask them for the group discount first if you have multiple services by them :D Secondly try to negotiate with them for any channel you want to request for. In my case I requested WFN for free because the only way you could have got it was to buy the sport package which cost $7.98. After negotiating with them for a while they finally agreed to give me WFN for free!

i think italo labignan on Canadian-sportfishing is my all time favourite fishing host and show... he took the time to show how to rig for bass ,pike,salmon,steelhead,browns etc...and he even shows where it can be bought and the packaging...even though he doesn't always stay within places that are close he does say the name of the rivers even on ontario tribs. he catches them and tells you how to adjust to get the fish on your trips.My personal favourite show...well fishing show at least

I run into and fish with Italo quite often here in Niagara and he's a super nice guy, very polite, helpfull and a joy to fish beside. I wish more anglers down here were as polite. I'm glad he broke up with that fat ignorant Henry, he's just a clown.

As for my favorite fishing shows, I really like the In-Fisherman and Babe Winkleman was great aswell. Those dudes are way off the radar as far as getting excited and very knowledgable fishers, especially the In-fisherman staff really teach how to get on the right patterns.