BOQ this week, Anyone Going?

Fish Farmer

Our gang are heading their tomorrow for the first trip this year. We stay at the Harbor Inn. Anyone else here going this week? Will report back with results, I hope :whistling:

You should be able to boat some but if your looking for the big Hogs its too early for them.

Jigs and Minnows would be the ticket this time of year.

You should be able to boat some but if your looking for the big Hogs its too early for them.

Jigs and Minnows would be the ticket this time of year.

well if 10-12 lbs are small then i would like to see what hogs are lol big fish have been hitting for the last couple weeks. just have to learn the pattern for early fall hogs.

Our gang are heading their tomorrow for the first trip this year. We stay at the Harbor Inn. Anyone else here going this week? Will report back with results, I hope :whistling:

best tip i can tell you is dont jig lol and try and troll away from boats. schools are spooky right now and if you find some troll away from them and come back around to them after you left them alone for a bit. to many passes seems to shut them down. Im on B docks if you want to hook up and talk

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm doing a little of both, jig and troll.

Roy, you made me feel a little more positive, thanks. Wind warnings for the next few days, going to be a little choppy,I'll be playing safe.

Fishhunter, I'll be in a blue and white Princecraft, and look for the Perch Festival grand prize boat, black Lund he's with us also. Give us a haller.

Thanks Wayne, wish the OFNers were there.

Tried to get Spiel down, maybe next time buddy. bring you a feed back.

well if 10-12 lbs are small then i would like to see what hogs are lol big fish have been hitting for the last couple weeks. just have to learn the pattern for early fall hogs.

Lloyd would you say they are in earlier this year.I find the it easier to catch the big ones in November.

This is the first October in 4 yrs I am not going as November is better for me.

Lloyd would you say they are in earlier this year.I find the it easier to catch the big ones in November.

This is the first October in 4 yrs I am not going as November is better for me.

for the last 9 years i have started last week of sept and have found big fish. some days more then others. you have to adapt to the water and bait and fish. fishing november is a good time but also a peak time for lots of boats and stupid boaters. right now you can troll for the most part with out having boats cut you off. well almost lol last week had a guy under power stop 100 feet infront of boat with both my planer boards out and start to jig. after half a can of my air horn he looked up and gave me a look like what am i in your way lol lol

The thing most people forget is fishing is about the hunt and trying to figure out the pattern for the time of year. November is one of those months that not much figuring is needed because fish seem to be in the same pattern for the most part year after year with a feed bag that is huge.

for the last 9 years i have started last week of sept and have found big fish. some days more then others. you have to adapt to the water and bait and fish. fishing november is a good time but also a peak time for lots of boats and stupid boaters. right now you can troll for the most part with out having boats cut you off. well almost lol last week had a guy under power stop 100 feet infront of boat with both my planer boards out and start to jig. after half a can of my air horn he looked up and gave me a look like what am i in your way lol lol

The thing most people forget is fishing is about the hunt and trying to figure out the pattern for the time of year. November is one of those months that not much figuring is needed because fish seem to be in the same pattern for the most part year after year with a feed bag that is huge.

That is why I take off 2 days during the week in November to avoid the boat traffic.

See ya in November

We had a group down this weekend but only got out for Sat due to very very high winds. Last nights winds were insane coming off the lake from the west.. And there are some big fish being caught. We only managed one in my boat just under 10lbs, 30 1/4". Can only get better from here, hopefully the winds die down.