Hamilton Fishing....Under the Skyway??

justwannafish

Hey everyone!

I've just recently started to fish Hamilton. Can anyone give me some relatively precise direction? Not really sure where I should be going, what I should be using, or what I can expect to catch this

time of year. I don't have a boat so I'm just looking for shore fishing opportunities.

Also, I've heard that fishing under the skyway has been producing lately. I'm actually there right now but don't really know what gear I should be using. And it's pretty cool and foggy so there's noone here. I'm not sure if that's because the people don't like the weather or the fish don't!

Anyway, any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys!!

most of the salmon have already gone up the creeks and rivers, u may find one here or there still. fish the harbour, tons of area to fish from shore. largies, smallies, pike, salmon, trout, crappie, perch, catfish, carp. tons of fish around, and some big ones too.

Awesome

thanks guys! I didn't expect such helpful replies so quick!

I know the salmon run up Credit but what about Bronte? And i haven't fished for salmon so I don't know very much about it but can they still be caught when they go upriver to spawn?

And if anyone knows of any shore spots on either of those (or other) rivers I'd love to hear about them!

Thanks again!

most of the salmon have already gone up the creeks and rivers, u may find one here or there still. fish the harbour, tons of area to fish from shore. largies, smallies, pike, salmon, trout, crappie, perch, catfish, carp. tons of fish around, and some big ones too.

In Hamilton Harbour?? Where???

anyplace by pier 4 park, tons of shore access there, down by bayfront boat launch, again, tons of area to fish. burlington side by lasalle marina has access too. i fish down there a lot, and that where i took all my kids for their first fishing trip. senkos and white spinnerbaits will net ya some bass, spinners also work on pike, crappie and perch will take minnows, catfish will hit worms... just play around with things.

biggest smallie i;ve seen was 3lbs even i caught last year.

biggest largie was 5lb 7oz caught by my buddy in a club tourney, also seen a few 4lb + fish

biggest pike was 17lb caught through the ice 2 years ago... i;ve seen bigger ones there too.

biggest carp was 58lbs seen caught by another guy.

my buddy caught a crappie and perch that were just monsters.

lots of fish guys, and as u can see, some big ones too. have fun!

yes I may be wrong but is the record not 55lbs. ?

could very well be... really not sure. the fish was a live release anyways. i dont think the gentleman who caught it was thinkin about any records, he was just ecstatic to catch a fish like that. wouldnt be the first time a record fish was released back to the water instead of being certified as a record.

could very well be... really not sure. the fish was a live release anyways. i dont think the gentleman who caught it was thinkin about any records, he was just ecstatic to catch a fish like that. wouldnt be the first time a record fish was released back to the water instead of being certified as a record.

I believe the official Ontario record for carp is still at 30 something lb, and much bigger fish are caught every year. The problem is, most people catching those fish would not kill the fish for a record. I wouldn't anyway.