A question for the deer hunters

Brian

which one would it be?

My 15 year old son and I are itchin' to get into hunting.

We're wantin to do the courses but its just so expensive.

Question is, What trail cam would you get if the opportunity arose? Looking for something under $200.

All we wanna see is the deer that inhabit our bush, as we see lots of sign.

Thing is that my Mom happens to be across the border and comes home friday, and I was thinkin that maybe she could pick us up something that maybe a good deal. I'm just not sure which would be best.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Brian

Edited by Brian

Okay thought about this a bit and this is my opinion

Im not big on gagets especially this camera insanity fish or fauna

every year for deer we put in for buck and doe and for the controlled

we go out and cruise our spots for a couple of weeks look for sign and when we have a winner thats where we set up now here is the important part I dont care about horns or trophies. at this particular time of year im soley a meat hunter. So what im saying if it walks out of the bush and its a deer its going to the ground male or female no bias

You will enjoy the hunt much more if you go out and creep around .on a side note tree stands suck 95% of the deer we have got in the last 10 years have been at ground level.walking and stopping and listening. for me a tree stand is like fishing with a bobber I cant handle it must be the ADHD

anyway thats my opinion for what its worth.

:blahblah1::blahblah1:

BM

Okay thought about this a bit and this is my opinion

Im not big on gagets especially this camera insanity fish or fauna

every year for deer we put in for buck and doe and for the controlled

we go out and cruise our spots for a couple of weeks look for sign and when we have a winner thats where we set up now here is the important part I dont care about horns or trophies. at this particular time of year im soley a meat hunter. So what im saying if it walks out of the bush and its a deer its going to the ground male or female no bias

You will enjoy the hunt much more if you go out and creep around .on a side note tree stands suck 95% of the deer we have got in the last 10 years have been at ground level.walking and stopping and listening. for me a tree stand is like fishing with a bobber I cant handle it must be the ADHD

anyway thats my opinion for what its worth.

:blahblah1::blahblah1:

BM

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

He is not hunting due to the cost of getting licenced.

He just wants to see what he has kicking around.

alot of cameras won't take pictures of stuff thats running, you will barely get a hoof or a arse check in the picture. If you go cheap on a camera likely its gonna be cheap.

The Wildlife extreme series have a good trigger speed and are among the cheapers ones, often had for around the 100 - 150 mark. The bushnell trophy ones are ok as well but they don't take pictures very far away.

Edited by jedimaster