Saturday Steelhead Adventure!

ccmtcanada

Well, the start of steelhead season for me started out on a great note! I got in touch with Solopaddler and as luck had it, he was headed out last Saturday with a few others to go after these amazing fish! I was up at 230am Saturday morning...out the door by 3 and pulled into his driveway around 430. We hopped in his car and headed to meet up with fellow OFNers BillM and Wallacio.

Shortly after the sun came up, we were drifting the river...things were a little quiet to start out...but a few small ones came out early.

01steelie.jpg

The river wasn't prime...it actually got muddier as the day went but we all managed to catch some nice fish. We all headed off to river number two hoping to find some better conditions. As it turned out, it was the right move...conditions were much better and more fish were caught. I dont have pics from Wallacio or BillM, so I'll be only showing a few here...post em if you got em guys!

A few nice ones from Solopaddler....

Oct2009steelhead002.jpg

Oct2009steelhead007.jpg

And I managed a few nice sized ones as well...

02steelie.jpg

03steelie.jpg

After some ribbing by some board members (Sinker...he specifically pointed you out here), about the classic Solo pose...he has decided that the new look for this fall is this....

First, let me refresh your memory....here's the classic pose...

Oct2009steelhead009.jpg

Oct2009steelhead010.jpg

And the same two fish in the new pose...

Oct2009steelhead008.jpg

Oct2009steelhead011.jpg

Hmmm...not too sure about that one Solo....LOL.

As always, I had a great time fishing with Solopaddler and Bill...and it was great to meet you Wallacio...hope we can all do it again sometime!

Great to finally meet you Cliff. Not a bad day despite the conditions. Sorry, I didn't bother with any pics that day....as my wife says, how many pictures of fish do you need??? LOL

I don't think your camera had enough zoom anyhow :)