Fishing the Catt. - Reserve Lic.

JFish

Im not going to anything that was replied, for obvious reasons other then to comment, catch and release morality on steelhead is much less then 10%

I can only assume how one would get home if the party they fished with had thier car seized by seneca nation for fishing without a liscence, would one have left thier friend in thier jail cell to await fine payment on Monday, or called the local Canadian consulate getting charged in a foreign country is a serious offense, in particular on native land which is governed by its own sets of intertwined rules.

How would someone feel if a local native on the reserve inpounded the gear car and more, simply asking for a 2k fine to be paid.....its endless the negative conotations to fishing, i only ask knowing this as as reasonable person how could one even allow a friend to be placed in that situation.........with friends like that who needs ....well the rest is obvious, the refernece to bandana's is simple, the natives who live on seneca drive ATV's carry 12 guage and some with handguns doing what is within thier legal rights patrol Thier land pointing a gun at one and asking for a liscence to be on his/her land is thier right....that fact they wear bandana's and face masks is just common knowlege nothing more...

Actually talking to that fact of fishing illegally in a foreign country or for that fact in our own, if it disuades one single person from fishing without a liscence, goes and buys one contirbutes to a fishery then it did good in the thread....and the fishery.

I have fished with HIM he is courtious and protective of his fish, will on a dime stop fishing to teach someone not as experienced on how to release a fish handle a fish and more...his expolits and postings have turned many on to the sport, another good thing as more that participate in chasing chromers the more some guys can use that as leverage to push the agenda of hot fast chromers stuffing every nook of rivers in ontario find fault in that

Edited by aniceguy

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you are certainly entitled to yours.

I fish with Mike and a lot of other guys who have fished that river for a long long time, before it was ever the in thing to do.

Could I see the impact on a river that is completely self sustaining with no type of additional stocking? For sure.

But for a river that get's something like 90,000 stocked fish per year like Wallico mentioned? It just doesn't add up even with the mortality rates you quoted.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and you are certainly entitled to yours.

I fish with Mike and a lot of other guys who have fished that river for a long long time, before it was ever the in thing to do.

Could I see the impact on a river that is completely self sustaining with no type of additional stocking? For sure.

But for a river that get's something like 90,000 stocked fish per year like Wallico mentioned? It just doesn't add up even with the mortality rates you quoted.

Well, thanks for being the first person to say I am entitled to my opinion. How do you think that river became the in thing to do ? really think about that and be honest with yourself.

I could be off on the mortallity rate but it's a number I have seen in many articles on multiple species. If you consider that not all anglers understand where to land a fish, how fast to play them in etc...that rate seems about right to me but I guess the experts say it's too high.....ANYWAY, I was there the weekend after...those fish were beat, hard. period. That post had a HUGE impact on that pod of fish.

Egos man....it's all about egos

RR

Im not going to anything that was replied, for obvious reasons other then to comment, catch and release morality on steelhead is much less then 10%

I can only assume how one would get home if the party they fished with had thier car seized by seneca nation for fishing without a liscence, would one have left thier friend in thier jail cell to await fine payment on Monday, or called the local Canadian consulate getting charged in a foreign country is a serious offense, in particular on native land which is governed by its own sets of intertwined rules.

How would someone feel if a local native on the reserve inpounded the gear car and more, simply asking for a 2k fine to be paid.....its endless the negative conotations to fishing, i only ask knowing this as as reasonable person how could one even allow a friend to be placed in that situation.........with friends like that who needs ....well the rest is obvious, the refernece to bandana's is simple, the natives who live on seneca drive ATV's carry 12 guage and some with handguns doing what is within thier legal rights patrol Thier land pointing a gun at one and asking for a liscence to be on his/her land is thier right....that fact they wear bandana's and face masks is just common knowlege nothing more...

Actually talking to that fact of fishing illegally in a foreign country or for that fact in our own, if it disuades one single person from fishing without a liscence, goes and buys one contirbutes to a fishery then it did good in the thread....and the fishery.

I have fished with HIM he is courtious and protective of his fish, will on a dime stop fishing to teach someone not as experienced on how to release a fish handle a fish and more...his expolits and postings have turned many on to the sport, another good thing as more that participate in chasing chromers the more some guys can use that as leverage to push the agenda of hot fast chromers stuffing every nook of rivers in ontario find fault in that

huh ? :wacko:

huh ? :wacko:

ok as a representive for king pin an advocate of rod builders and more I guess the question Im asking if with your knowledge of the system above and below the reserve how could you let a friend fish without a liscence knowing the potential conflicts that could have arose.

Why didnt you take him up or down on NY land? If your knowledge of the river is limited or non existant beyond the reserve and the patch patching why risk it, go left or right at the gas station there is piles of rivers to fish both ways where you wont risk getting arrested for fishing illegally

I guess thats my question Im just trying to understand how such a high profile guy in the steelhead community would do something like that...

Sorta like Henry and Italo in the old days, if you dont want to answer I respect your right to not on it have a great night

Wow...not sure how to score this one....RR came in hot and loose...looked like he was going to start AND finish in a blaze of flaming glory. However...you gotta give him props for replying to the posts without really being childish or increasing the antagonism. This is definitely a more well spoken repartee than the usual Muskie bashes we get, and totally stomps all over a bronte/flossing thread. I think by the end of this, you guys might....MIGHT agree on a few points, and agree to disagree on others. Really have to wonder if we've seen the end of Solo though...his stony silence seems to deflate the whole "ego" argument....but is he secretly proud of that?

Whew! I need help with this one....Doc! What does your scorecard say? :lol::rolleyes:

ok as a representive for king pin an advocate of rod builders and more I guess the question Im asking if with your knowledge of the system above and below the reserve how could you let a friend fish without a liscence knowing the potential conflicts that could have arose.

Why didnt you take him up or down on NY land? If your knowledge of the river is limited or non existant beyond the reserve and the patch patching why risk it, go left or right at the gas station there is piles of rivers to fish both ways where you wont risk getting arrested for fishing illegally

I guess thats my question Im just trying to understand how such a high profile guy in the steelhead community would do something like that...

Sorta like Henry and Italo in the old days, if you dont want to answer I respect your right to not on it have a great night

gee Louis, it sure seems like you are trying to pick a fight ..LOL ! at least I can understand this post :rolleyes:

I didn't do anything wrong. I had both licenses and was perfectly leagal. The guy with us didn't have a NY state license either (GASP!) Why are you attacking me, my knowledge of the river ? etc etc ???? high profile guy ?? advocate of rod builders ??LOL ...anything else ? ?? :lol:

I once saw a guy smoke a joint on a river too....guess I should have called the cops eh ? :lol:

Gotham will feel safe tonight knowing you are watching !

Cheers

RR

Wow...not sure how to score this one....RR came in hot and loose...looked like he was going to start AND finish in a blaze of flaming glory. However...you gotta give him props for replying to the posts without really being childish or increasing the antagonism. This is definitely a more well spoken repartee than the usual Muskie bashes we get, and totally stomps all over a bronte/flossing thread. I think by the end of this, you guys might....MIGHT agree on a few points, and agree to disagree on others. Really have to wonder if we've seen the end of Solo though...his stony silence seems to deflate the whole "ego" argument....but is he secretly proud of that?

Whew! I need help with this one....Doc! What does your scorecard say? :lol::rolleyes:

I didn't mention any names in my post so I didn't see it as flaming? .....that fact that so many of you guys knew exactly what I was talking about kinda makes my point in a way but I wasn't really expecting this kind of response to be honest.

If I posted a picture of the gazebo on coburg creek tonight saying "suicidal chromers" fresh run fish hit 30....what do you think would happen in 7 hours ? If I take a pic on big bear this winter saying "hammered 20 lakers, all over 5 lbs" ..what will that spot look like the next day ?

It's like posting "free beer" on the corner of bay and bloor......

I just can't believe I'm the only one here that see's that.

RR

lol guess those 6 stores didnt sell US liscences either.....I think a joint is a misdemenor while a non citizen breaking conservation laws is a much more serious crime....mahhh its ok no need any longer to talk

Wayne that background ok

don't know, I had mine...guy I was with didn't. It's up to him if he decides to break a law, he pays the price not me......you "think" you know alot about the US federal, state, native and conservation laws.....what does that have to do with the discussion you decided to become involved in ?

RR

There is a discernable difference between the pressure that can be put on a large US trib as opposed to a small river such as some of the east ones, showing a pic of fish at the twin pipes is a big difference then showing them of the catt let’s not split hairs on that because it’s obvious. Trust me while this is a great site, it can’t even come close to the pressure some of the US sites put on it. Any seasoned angler can look up flow data and know if that creek will fish huge any that doesn’t and wants to explore it has to drive up 1 road and see cars parked everywhere, for the most part its US plates

I brought up the specifics of bringing an angler to fish with no license for the obvious image it portrays.

There is no malice with it.

Have a good day this thread is gone beyond its usefulness thanks