G Loomis GLX blank fishing rod

ace10002

Hi everyone.

I am still in a serch for 15foot G Loomis GLX fishing rod. There are more tackel shops who carries this product but I don't know if I trust them or not?

Back in 2008 people told me G Loomis rods were made in China which was bit cheaper around $400. Now they have GLX for sale for almost $800 preorder bases. Again these rod doesn't say where it is made in.

One of the tackel shop in Guelp told me that GLX blanks are made in US. I don't know who to belive anymore. Does anyone have any idea where GLX is made in? I don't want to spand $800 and find out that its made in China.

Thanks.

Loomis GLX rods are made in Washington state US. You may be confused about the Frontier line of rods that Loomis Canada (now defunct) were building and selling in Canada a couple years ago. The Frontier blanks (Made by Batson Enterprises - Rainshadow) were made in Asia. As far as I know, all G. Loomis rods are made in the USA.

I thought when Gary Loomis sold his name sake to Shimano, that they then had rods made overseas?

Maybe not completely though.

Who's got the answer?

What I have heard that is interesting, is that while Gary Loomis had sold his name to Shimano as he had a diagnosis of terminal cancer and wanted to take care of his family, he apparently is now in optimal health and is in the process of getting back into production possibly under a variation of his name, instead of Shimano's "G. Loomis"

Edited by I'mHooked

I thought when Gary Loomis sold his name sake to Shimano, that they then had rods made overseas?

Maybe not completely though.

Who's got the answer?

What I have heard that is also interesting, is that Gary Loomis had sold his name to Shimano as he had a diagnosis of terminal cancer and wanted to take care of his family by selling his name.

He apparently is now in optimal health and is in the process of getting back into production possibly under a variation of his name, instead of "G. Loomis"

You are right Shimano bought Loomis back in 1997. With that said, G. Loomis still manufactures their rods in the USA.

Gary Loomis is now operating his new company 'North Fork Composites' and is pumping out blanks only (from what I can tell). Really interested in seeing if he'll do float rod blanks for the great-lakes in the near future.