Anyone fish near Windsor?

jedimaster

Jedi, there is good fishing in the Windsor area. Detroit river , Lake St. Claire and Lake Erie has musky, pike, SM, LM, panfish , walleye and some big sheephead and carp as well.There are some shore fishing spots but better if you have a boat. Ramp fees $10-13. Several bait stores in the area. Ice is not so thick (for my liking) for ice fishing.Hope this helps.

As others have indicated fantastic fishing in Windsor. I have cought 9 species in the same day! Lots of action, there is always something biting.

A boat is almost a must, it is shocking how little shore fishing we have in comparison to the amount of water around us, we are damn near an island!

If you want specific info, let me know.

Jedi, the Windsor area has a great fishery that starts in April with perch and crappie fishing from shore areas and walleye jigging on the Det River. The walleyes continue on the river for most of the yr but April-early June is best.

May is the start of lake fishing as the walleyes migrate back to Lake Erie with excellent catches being caught close to shore from Colchester to Leamington until Nov. There is also a great perch bite in this area too.

June starts the beginning of musky fishing on LSC which is probably your best spot if you have never caught one before.

Mid June thru the end of August is steelhead fishing from the ports of Wheatley and Erieau which are about 45-60 minutes away. Here using downriggers, Torpedo divers and dipseys catch fish. A boat is necessary for this type of fishing but I think it is the most fun, depsite not being a steelhead eater.

June-Nov bass fishing on LSC and Erie is excellent with some opportunities from shore. Basic bass stuff, tubes, drop shotting, spinnerbaits and cranks work well.

We are now into the final months of fishing and musky fishing both from shore and from boat is in full swing, walleyes are starting to migrate back to the westrn basin of Erie and bass have moved to the shallows of LSC. Perch fishing has heated up on Erie from Leamington to Colchester.

Ice fishing can be done in the Mitchells Bay area which is the NE corner of LSC, perch and crappies, with some walleyes a little bit further offshore.

I have had many compliments from clients who did not know the great fishing opportunities that Windsor has with no traffic jams on the 400-69 or 11 to contend with as they travel south and all others are headed north to cottage country. It is only a bit more than 3 hrs from TO or Hamilton with great shopping in Michigan and the airport is only 30 minutes away with some deals on flights.

There is not a lot of scenery but the fishing makes up for it.

If you have any concerns about eating the walleyes of other fish in the area, the largest fisheries that supply restaurants and supermarkets are located in Kingsville, Wheatley and Erieau.

Bob__2_.JPG

reef_runner_walleye.jpg

11_06_08.jpg

Jedi Windsors alright I lived there through university. Its a bit dirty but its like most Canadian cities. Having Detroit right across the river is excellent. Oh an lets not forget the ballet!! Caught some bass right at the school in my first couple weeks there then I got sidetracked from fishing see previous sentence.

Edited by Musky or Specks

Can't tell you about the fishing, but I did see a apecial on TV about the health of people living in Windsor last weekend.

It dealt with the polution from all the chemical, auto and manufacturing plants in Windsor and Detroit.

It specifically dealt with children and all the contaminants in their blood and bodies due to enviromental issues.

It also dealt with the high rate of athsma, birth defects and cancer in the area.

If you're old with no kids I wouldn't worry but if you are young and plan on living to a ripe old age, I would avoid the area like the plague.

The documentary I watched was pretty scary.

Just my .02

Yah I was wodnering about the pollution. I'll have to see if i can find the episode. Do you recall what station it was on?

I believe it was on the Documentary channel.

I haven't been able to find the name of the film, but here are a couple of links dealing with the problem.

Article1

Arcticle 2

Anyone know anything about a company called Concours Mold, or Denkin Tooling?

Councours has been around for some time. They have survived though the last exchange problem where many of their competitiors did not. My guess is they are a safe bet, I am not in that industry but know some guys who have worked there (I think my brother in law is there now?) hard to keep track, you tool guys change jobs too often!

If you can get a job in Windsor right now, you are one of the chosen few. Good time to move here though, houses are cheap, cheap, cheap right now. Many forclosure deals out there. BUT if it does not work out at concours you WILL be unemployed.

I am in IT, so if it doesn't work out there I'll just move back to gta. Seems like they are expanding and growing where as like you said many places are getting swallowed up. Yah, lots of really cheap houses in Windsor.

K/W is your best bet for IT around aside from the GTA. London is pretty good as well.

Fishing in either of the above cities isn't even close to Windsor though.

Not looking to move to find a job, jobs find me then I move to them. :) I hate RIM and wouldn't want to work for them and once you oust RIM as an employer 90 percent of the IT jobs in KW are out the window. I woul dlike to try and stay close to some decent fishing so London is kind a out as well.

Not looking to move to find a job, jobs find me then I move to them. :) I hate RIM and wouldn't want to work for them and once you oust RIM as an employer 90 percent of the IT jobs in KW are out the window. I woul dlike to try and stay close to some decent fishing so London is kind a out as well.

Me too, that's why I moved to Yellowknife!!!!!! :D

I'm the IT Manager at the college here.

My commute went from 2 hours+ each way to 6 minutes.

The Rush Minute was brutal this morning, Total Grid Lock!!!! Took me nearly 8 minutes to get to work!!!! :clapping:

Plus I have 1,000,000 lakes I can fish.

The ice fishing season ROCKS!!!! :lol:

Me too, that's why I moved to Yellowknife!!!!!! :D

I'm the IT Manager at the college here.

My commute went from 2 hours+ each way to 6 minutes.

The Rush Minute was brutal this morning, Total Grid Lock!!!! Took me nearly 8 minutes to get to work!!!! :clapping:

Plus I have 1,000,000 lakes I can fish.

The ice fishing season ROCKS!!!! :lol:

Now you are just being mean........reminding us how our lives really are.