Big Muskie caught in Sparrow Lake (pics now added pg 2)

Mattitude

Sparrow may well be a small cottage type lake but it is part of the severn river system and that level alone has miles of water that can easily grow bad boys to that size.Next time you are in Port Stanton take a look at the mount in the general store by the big dock.It came from straight out front.It was a small one according to the original store owner who got it from the fella who caught it years ago.

Kerry

Guest Johnny Bass

I automatically figured that the fish broke the four rods thrashing in the boat. I've seen big Musky there.Its more than believeable. No wonder Sparrow lake is a tough lake. With big musky like that swimming around. I'd like to see the pic.

Guest Johnny Bass

What a massive musky!!!!!I wonder what it was feeding on. I know the world record Musky caught was full of catfish. Since he kept it, I'd be curious to see what is in its stomach.

Wow, there must be 25 lbs of fillets on that fish! B) Congrats and thanks for posting the pics!

HH

LOL ,Yuk, I think if I had the money it would be a mounter for sure, hanging up somewhere in the Man Cave.

Edited by holdfast

MY GOD

read the post

he said died, so they kept it, fish die, and that's a fact of fishing people need to start excepting

as soon as I read it I thought maybe the four broken rods were form the fish thrashing around in the boat

many people who don't catch a lot of muskie are not equipped to handle them

and like most people they miss judge the size of the fish they have caught, they are fishermen and just caught a monster the excitement and lack of anything to compare it to, leads to over estimating ......

I see no problem with questioning a post on things you don't understand or don't seem to make sense, but to just jump on it and accuse is a little much guys

And 1 for COMMON SENSE! haha Thanks Terry - you should keep this post in your back pocket...I can think of a few threads in the past that could have used it....

Cheers,

Ryan