Big Muskie caught in Sparrow Lake (pics now added pg 2)

Mattitude

4 rods? It’s nothing!

Last week I was fishing Pasific and cought grey whale. Not too big – just about 40 tonnes.

This animal broke 24 rods, 16 masts, 7 teeth, and downed 3 ships but finally got tired so I was able to bring him inside my Zodiac.

Unfortunately I can’t show the picture because picture itself weighs 12 pounds.

Guest Johnny Bass
4 rods? It’s nothing!

Last week I was fishing Pasific and cought grey whale. Not too big – just about 40 tonnes.

This animal broke 24 rods, 16 masts, 7 teeth, and downed 3 ships but finally got tired so I was able to bring him inside my Zodiac.

Unfortunately I can’t show the picture because picture itself weighs 12 pounds.

LMAO!!!Honestly? This was really funny. But he did post pics on page 2. Anyways thanks for the laugh.

I was fishing a tourney on Sparrow when this fish was caught and had the opportunity to see and hold the beast!

It was weighed on an old spring scale that bottomed out at 50lbs. My digital scale read 42lbs 7oz and our clubs weigh scale weighed it at 42.30lbs.

The fish was caught by a musky fisherman, yes he was targetting them. It didnt die accidentally, he kept it on purpose. Yes, he is 100% within his legal rights to keep this fish. Unfortunate, yes. but good for him, its being mounted, fish of a lifetime. A fish like that has donated to the gene pool MANY times I would think.

My concern came when this angler told us he caught and kept another 53 incher out of there a few weeks prior. That's when I became upset with the situation. To keep a 53 inch trophy is fine by me. I'd prefer a replica but to each his own. But keeping 2 fish in the 50 inch class in 2 weeks time is not cool by me. just my opinion. Here's a pic I got with the giant!

9031_180822283091_502843091_3828257_6397027_n.jpg

Guest gbfisher

from a 54" 50 plus pounder to a 53" 42lb and people wonder about the story behind the fish.... :rolleyes:

Nice fish. Im guessing Sparrow has been added to a few lists... :D

Edited by gbfisher

• 2 weeks later...

I know, once upon a time Sparrow was a great muskie fishing lake, but at least a few years ago it had gone way down hill with all the fishing pressure and over abundance of pike. It is good to still see fish coming out of there like this, but why keep them all the time?

Typically, these muskie are a Simcoe strain (yes i know there arnt muskie left in Simcoe) not really G bay strain and definetly not kawartha strain, but these fish tend to cruise the upper Trent from Sparrow, Glouster and out to Gbay.

But both are fantastic fish. Definetly have not seen a muskie that big out of Sparrow in a while though.

• 1 year later...

That fish is insane!!! Just to the right of the 2nd pic is where my cottage is located!!! The white gas tank is Lauderdale Point Marina. I've NEVER seen a SKI that big my lake before...

Sparrow lake is awesome but there is a lot of boat traffic now which sucks.

Its nice to see our lake pumpin out beauties like that though.

My concern came when this angler told us he caught and kept another 53 incher out of there a few weeks prior. That's when I became upset with the situation. To keep a 53 inch trophy is fine by me. I'd prefer a replica but to each his own. But keeping 2 fish in the 50 inch class in 2 weeks time is not cool by me.

It is a monster for sure, if he did keep one a few weeks earlier I would hope his freezer doesnt contain the other fish, would be a shame for him to get charged with being over the limit :whistling::sarcasm:

Big fish, sad it couldn`t be released, but oh well.

"What a massive musky!!!!!I wonder what it was feeding on." LOL Johnny, anything that got too close? One time we went to the Georgian Bay, a bunch of guys were leaving that had been fishing for bass and had kept some. One was torn up, cuts down both sides from teeth, a decent fish 19-20 inches. I asked him what had happened to that one, a ski grabbed it as he was bringing it in, a huge fish that let go when it saw the boat.

My god.... What a beast!!!!!! A wall hanger for sure!!!!!

That fish must have spawned many times over - no need to worry about keeping it... Lots of little skis swimming around there with its genes....

That's freaking huge! I would have kept it too - a life time worth of stories there.

A once in a life time catch for sure.