Big Muskie caught in Sparrow Lake (pics now added pg 2)

Mattitude

Hey everyone. I just recieved an e-mail from a friend of mine whos son helped a guy in Sparrow Lake this past saturday net a 54 inch 50 plus pound muskie. The email is real, my friends son is in one of the pictures so I know its a real pic from around here. Apparently it broke 4 rods and was kept only because it was to worn out after the battle (don't shoot the messenger) I'm not sure if I can post the pics only because they aren't mine.

Edited by Mattitude

Hey everyone. I just recieved an e-mail from a friend of mine whos son helped a guy in Sparrow Lake this past saturday net a 54 inch 50 plus pound muskie. The email is real, my friends son is in one of the pictures so I know its a real pic from around here. Apparently it broke 4 rods and was kept only because it was to worn out after the battle (don't shoot the messenger) I'm not sure if I can post the pics only because they aren't mine.

Pics or Fail

MY GOD

read the post

he said died, so they kept it, fish die, and that's a fact of fishing people need to start excepting

as soon as I read it I thought maybe the four broken rods were form the fish thrashing around in the boat

many people who don't catch a lot of muskie are not equipped to handle them

and like most people they miss judge the size of the fish they have caught, they are fishermen and just caught a monster the excitement and lack of anything to compare it to, leads to over estimating ......

I see no problem with questioning a post on things you don't understand or don't seem to make sense, but to just jump on it and accuse is a little much guys

The Fish was caught and for some reason died. Very well respected guys as well caught it. Did everything they could to revive it so the guy is going to mount it now. This stuff happens. Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned. 42lbs 7oz, 53" long. No need for fish tales on this one. I'm sure the guy will post if need be. Congrats to the guy who caught it. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

true story..smalliefisher is right...42lbs 7oz. We had our club classic tournament wrap-up that same day and we weighed it on our digital scales. I did see a couple of broken rods in the guys boat; girth I think was 24 inches. I took some pics with my cell phone...the only reason someone thought it was over 50 is they had an old hook style scale and it was pulling it close to 50..not very accurate with that thing so the digital was used..

thanks guys