first deer with a compound.

oxcowboy

I have always hunted with a crossbow, but decided i wanted to try using a compound this year and got my first doe of the season on saturday evening. i got her coming in to a soy bean field about 5 o'clock. i have to say it was quite a rush to take one that way. one down and five to go(we can harvest up to six) best of luck to all the hunters and maybe the next time i can show off some antlers.

102_0330.jpg

jason

i understand what your saying, but she was shot about 300 yards off my yard. i just jumped her up on the back of the quad and brought her over to the garage and got the tractor and boom to raise her up and put the gut pile in a big tub, my parents own about 5 dogs and the organs and such are quite a treat for them. if i was way off i would have left them, but i have goats near the house and dont want any left overs that might attract coyotes any closer to my goat herd than they already are. hope this makes sense.

jason

i understand what your saying, but she was shot about 300 yards off my yard. i just jumped her up on the back of the quad and brought her over to the garage and got the tractor and boom to raise her up and put the gut pile in a big tub, my parents own about 5 dogs and the organs and such are quite a treat for them. if i was way off i would have left them, but i have goats near the house and dont want any left overs that might attract coyotes any closer to my goat herd than they already are. hope this makes sense.

jason

perfect sense, TY

and congrats and thanks for posting again...now go get a buck

Nice deal, but why did you bring it home with the guts still in it?

Its funny but I knew the answer before you explained it.I sometimes load mine into the tractor bucket and gut it at the butcher shop just up the road.A gutpile near the house just invites dogs and other stuff.Much cleaner gut job when you hang it and clean it up properly before putting it in the walk in to age.

Joe

damn joe,

we must be brother's from different mothers, we think way too much alike. deer hunting, goat herder's, nascar junkies and fishing fanatics and buddy's up the road that can cut up deer anytime. guys youh ave an open invitation, any OFC member that wants to come down{or up} can hunt my farm any time they want (200 acres). its in adams county which some of you deer nuts will recognize as deer heaven. amish deer. untitled.jpgbout 7 miles from the farm.