Tall Towers and Tiny Bass...

Well I know a few of you guys have experienced just how bad Xplornet's satellite internet is, and being that I use the internet on a daily basis for work, you can only imagine my frustrations. So I finally bit the bullet and had an 85 FOOT tower put up so I could get a decent wireless internet package. $3300.00 later for the tower, and I'll still have slower internet than most of you city guys, but my life will no doubt me much easier and I'll be enjoying much faster and more reliable internet.

7421_156051331579_502461579_3303156.jpg

This guy was nuts, he put up one section, then crawled up and hoisted up the next 8 foot section and bolted it on.

7421_156051401579_502461579_3303157.jpg

Afterwards, my wife had to head out for a couple of hours to a baby shower with the kids so I figured what better way to cheer myself, and my suddenly much lighter wallet up, than to hit up a local creek for late season bass.

DSCF1683.jpg

DSCF1684.jpg

When I got down to the creek my usual water was totally void of weed or structure of any sort, but I still managed a half dozen of these little guys in about and hour of fishing. Would have had a 5 bag limit running about 1.5 lbs but it's better than nothing.

Enjoy your weekends - Cheers,

Ryan

Very nice, looks like a " Delhi" tower, at least you would save on the delivery, if they are still made there. I've got a 48' here that I got used in 87, still strong, they are good towers if you pour an adequate base for your soil type.

It could very well be a Delhi Tower.... I know the installer bought it locally, and marked it up some no doubt! lol There's a 4' square slab holding it in place - should be good to go. I thought about doing it myself at one time, but I didn't want to chance doing something wrong and having somebody get hurt.... and this way if something did ever happen, I believe the installer would be more liable than myself...

Anyways, nice to know your tower is holding up well.

Cheers,

Ryan

that's how you put up a tower, one section at a time

put up more then a few myself, real nice self-supporting tower, should last a real long time.

so are you with Xplornet now or did you put up tower to get a different provider....