SSM charter info?

redneck666

hey guys,

i've been thinkin since i moved to the soo..... are there any charter services out on lake superior that are close to sault ste. marie?

if there are can anyone suggest one? im just lookin to get out on a charter boat to go get some salmon next year or maybe a different species. im not too comfortable takin the 14' tinner out there.

thanks,

JP

Edited by bigredneck

Goulais and Haviland bays in the spring if you go out on the good days are fine for a 14' tinner. I used to do it all the time. Thats where the salmon are in the spring. Summer, I don't think you will find them in the lake.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'd recommend a pair of waders, and a day out of the river with a guide. that would open up all sorts of year round fishing opportunity for you.

I have been with redwood before...(I won the trip) they were real good...cought lots of chinnies, and a pike...we were fishing the garden though...they did givbe me the option of what i wanted to go for.

John Giuliani guides on the river for steelhead, atlantics, walleye and pacific salmon. He's in the phonebook.

About the best guy for salmonids in the st marys.

A few other guys come up from the states during various salmon runs, Brad Patzke (sp?) is one who has good reviews.

Chris McMillian guides also walleye in the river.

I believe I directed you here before, bottom of the page