Mutant northern pike

Guest Hauki

Hi everybody,

This is my first post in this forum so i will introduce myself. My name is Andoni, 26yr old angler from Spain, although I´ve been living in Finland for the las 3 years. I hope to learn a lot in this comunity, and share my littel knowledges about pike fishing, if that´s possible.

And now the question:

Tha fact is that fishing the Baltic this year,I met, again!!!, this weird pike with an extra finn. Has anybody fish any pike with this same mutation? Does anybody know the name of this mutation, If there is one of course? Can anybody give me some reliable information about this mutation?, perhaps some research has been done.

p1010283.jpg

p1010282p.jpg

p1010281k.jpg

I hope somebody knows somethig about this mutation. If not, have a nice time checking this freak.

Edited by Hauki

if someone figures a cause of this out ...can ya figure out the cause of the duck billed platypus..?

just a freak of nature im thinking ...poop happens...i seen a rainbow trout with two functioning mouths...one a top another :dunno:

welcome to the board

Edited by Twocoda

Can't believe nobody posted the pic of the two-headed pike yet! Maybe it was a cannibalistic pike, and one of it's victims tried to poke it's way out?

Nice pics Hauki...welcome aboard! My mother's side of the family is Finnish...I'll definitely go there one day.

Looking forward to seeing some fish from the Baltic...post away :lol:

Thanks you all for this nice welcome, soon i will post more pics of this country and their sea-pikes.

ISO KALA

HUVA TULLVA

Kiitos, puhutko soumea? minä en puhu plajon vielä, minun äidinkieli on espanja.

Where in Finland?. My mother is from there and we visited there but it was 20+ yrs ago and I don't remember much of it. I'd love to get back there sometime for sure.

...and welcome

I am living in Helsinki right now. I heard that there is a big Finnish comunity in Canada, mainly people who left the country during the first 50 years of the past century.

There is no doubt that Finland is a nice country, in spite of its horrible winter. if you have the chance come back and don´t fogert your fishing tackle.

Edited by Hauki