Winter Gloves/Mitts

scugpg

14" Moosehide mitts , with shaved Wolf fur "Snotter" beaver fur lined 145.00$ custom made by Native artisan... very warm well worth the "$$" . Bought a unshaved Beaver Lined Wolf Fur hat with 10x6" flaps 125$ again well worth the $$. probably available at a "Trading Post"

Great gloves are available at most snowmobile shops... leather gore-tex wind and water proof expect to pay around 75$. Mine are " Ski-Doo" branded but are probably the same as the others... I've had them for 5 years now and are still in great shape no unstitching or tearing... velcro strap is getting worn out though very warm.

For added Impermeability spray on some "Boot Dressing" doesn't stain and works great.

Stay Warm!!!

RFS

:canadian:

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon

i have used the combi glove available at ct, it has the removable wicking in it very warm also yamaha branded (fxr) snowmobile gloves and there warm, but at the same time i don't bother ice fishing and my snowmobile has heated bars my hands are rarely cold

Guest skeeter99

wind river snowmobile gloves

mark work warehouse

leather mit with nylon insulated padded upper (glove goes halfway to elbow)

they have a inside thinsilate glove that with put on then slide into the mit

and it has the snot patch for the cold days

I got mine for $45 or something

Watch MEC for sales....best ones I've ever found.

Take these Liner Gloves

Wear them inside these Mercury Mitts

My hands get cold easily and these are far and away the best system for ice fishing, sledding and higher activity things like snowshoeing.

You have a few options on how to wear them.

Usually, I just wear the handknit wool trigger mitts. When it gets real cold, or I'm going a long way on the machine, I put on the moosehide cuffs, with pure marino wool liners in them. You can't beat wool, I don't care what you have.

P1140033-1.jpg

S.

My wife bought me a pair of white gloves from the Regal catalogue that have a mettalic thread woven through them...makes them warm from friction and are nice and sparkly (like Michael Jackson's :lol: )...I wear them inside a pair of water-proof HT Enterprises Polar Liner Mitts that I got from Le Baron's ($20)...the mitts are easy to shake free from when I get a bite...

I used to do alot of winter mountain biking and found the Lobster mitts to be the best choice, both for dexterity & warmth. Their as warm as good snowmobile mitts but the extra finger makes it easier for changing gears & working the brakes. Actually makes doing just about anything easier than mitts.

I don't ride anymore but still use the mitts all the time even when just hiking thru the woods with the pooch on cold days.

The good ones are expensive but worth every penny.

Just something else to think about.

BK.jpg