Best boat cleaner I've found

lew

I started using this product to clean the green algae off my boat hull this summer and it's by far the best hull cleaner I've ever used. All you do is brush it on the stained areas, wait a minute and then rinse it off with your garden hose and it comes up like brand new again. My boat sits in the water all summer so it gets alot of crap on the hull but I clean it every couple weeks and it looks great.

The one I use is strictly for fiberglass but they have them for aluminum too.

I bought mine at Hastings Marine and other than them I have no idea where to buy it, but if you can locate the product you should give it a try.

I have no affiliation with the company, but just wanted to pass on an idea to anyone who may be interested and is getting ready to clean their boat after the season is over.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userp...=on+off+cleaner

I've never tried the Slimy Grimy Bernie, but I hear it's also a good product.

It seems like the algae slime gets a better grip on a fiberglass boat and it's a lot harder to remove compared to aluminum. I tried the usual cleaners on the glass and they didn't work well, then I tried a pressure washer and it did nothing either. I used this new product and it cleaned it up instantly.

Guest skeeter99

best I've seen and used since the days of deatailing boats and snowmachines

these work the same as any dedicated marine product

ZEP toilet bowl cleaner $6 galon at home deopot lasts me 4 of cleaning my hull

Swish toilet bowl cleaner pricier $22 a gallon burn the brisltes off your brush LOL!!! lasts about the same

oohh good trick here

anyone got mold/mildew on boat cover?

simple green easiest a little hard to find sometimes but the best

I work at a marina in the spring, summer and a bit in the fall, so I do a lot of hull washes. Captain phab makes some really good products, so far the best I have found. The one that we use is for professional use only and therefore cannot be sold to the public but it works great, a little hard on the lungs though if not wearing a mask. But they also have other cleaners that are available to the public which work just as well, you just have to let them sit a little longer.

Like Paul all I've ever used is Starbrite Hull cleaner. It works very nice on painted aluminum... although it's now $19 a bottle and 2 are required to clean my boat while using a fertilzer sprayer. Fishhunter advised me he's another toilet bowl cleaner user and it's cheap in bulk and works good to clean his full season Lake Ontario hull.

Like Paul all I've ever used is Starbrite Hull cleaner. It works very nice on painted aluminum... although it's now $19 a bottle and 2 are required to clean my boat while using a fertilzer sprayer. Fishhunter advised me he's another toilet bowl cleaner user and it's cheap in bulk and works good to clean his full season Lake Ontario hull.

I wouldn't use toilet bowl cleaner on aluminum, espicially if it is painted. I have seen the paint start peeling off the boats from people that have used it. Buy a cleaner that is made for aluminium. The suff you use for fibreglass usually has acid in it so you dont want that on aluminum. Try Captain Phab Hull and Bottom Cleaner works great on aluminum just let it sit for a few min when scrubbing it on.

Edited by ERB