where to live in toronto

jnic

Hi, there's nice and not-so-nice areas of Etobicoke and Mimico. Lots of really nice pockets of friendly neighbourhoods, tucked in on either sides of and away from the main drags, such as Lakeshore, Royal York, Islington, and Kipling. Alderwood is nice, a bit west of Mimico, and you're right near the 427 which gets you north fast! If you need more info, let me know. I also have to spend time down south in Toronto, and when I do, I live in Etobicoke!

Hi, there's nice and not-so-nice areas of Etobicoke and Mimico. Lots of really nice pockets of friendly neighbourhoods, tucked in on either sides of and away from the main drags, such as Lakeshore, Royal York, Islington, and Kipling. Alderwood is nice, a bit west of Mimico, and you're right near the 427 which gets you north fast! If you need more info, let me know. I also have to spend time down south in Toronto, and when I do, I live in Etobicoke!

I agree with this opinion, whether renting or buying Mimico is the best area right now. Close to the cities amenities but close enough to the main thoroughfares to get out of town. Close to where you said you were working and some pike fishing spots :D A couple i know just bought a house in area and they aren't rich either. Good luck with this.

If you are planning to commute by car south east Mississauga is good choice, if you are planning to use public transits stick to Etobicoke and surrounding neighborhoods. Using public transits from Mississauga could be a pain as less frequency and double fair, where as in Etobicoke its more convince as you will be taking TTC.

I lived in Aurora my whole life and now settled in Barrie. I don't drive to Toronto everyday and if I had to I certainly wouldn't be living up here. People who live in Barrie to commute to Toronto everyday are crazy - so many hours of life wasted in driving.

Also FYI - Anything north of highway 9 is part of the Ontario snow belt (Barrie is smack in the middle of it). It doesn't matter if you work 9-5 or 5-1 you will have terrible drives in the winter if you plan to live here and drive to Toronto everyday. It's one thing to be stuck in traffic for 2hrs+ each way during rush hour, it's another when you feel your life could be at risk when the snow blows over the 400 between hwy 88-89. That stretch is one of the worst drives in Ontario in the winter from whiteouts (Just 1 or 2 winters ago there was a 75+ car pileup there).

If you're going to work in Toronto everyday, do yourself a favour and live close.

Good Call. Driving from Wasaga to Angus was bad enough during some of those snow storms.

Well I do need a good pair of boots to dig my aunts garden don't I?? :D

Beans, I didn't figure you to be a smart asz!! :lol::)

Usually I'm not but you suprised me with your comment...OFC is much different than Cag where rarely we talk about anything than carp or carp related stuff... :lol:

I'm 2 km south of Kleinburg, 2 minutes from hwy 27, 3 minutes from the 400 and BPS, 5 minutes to Hwy 7, all of the conveniences anyone could ever need; the city above Toronto :rolleyes:

Nice and quiet, no traffic, but I do commute to King and Dufferin every day and not crazy about it!

Newmarket is nice and so is Maple . . . im 5 min from dvp, 8min from 401. and used togo to king and dufferin everyday too. but only to see a woman. only took 20 min drive 40 min bus..