Field Test: Chevy vs. Nissan

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

All I can say is that I wish I had that Nissan over my 99 Ford Ranger. I would of never made the start point at the Bottom of the Hill. Its snowing now, the Last two weeks Record Lows, Farmers are Taking a Huge hit. This is when they should be thrashing. Tomorrow plus 6, and Saturday plus 14. I would have more confidence in that Pathfinder, going up the trail that I hope to fish Saturday than using my Ranger that made it when the trail was dry. By the way, I have a small dog, small truck, the Pathfinder is macho enough for me.

PA150004.jpg

PA150005.jpg

Edited by holdfast

All I can say is that I wish I had that Nissan over my 99 Ford Ranger. I would of never made the start point at the Bottom of the Hill. Its snowing now, the Last two weeks Record Lows, Farmers are Taking a Huge hit. This is when they should be thrashing. Tomorrow plus 6, and Saturday plus 14. I would have more confidence in that Pathfinder, going up the trail that I hope to fish Saturday than using my Ranger that made it when the trail was dry. By the way, I have a small dog, small truck, the Pathfinder is macho enough for me.

PA150004.jpg

PA150005.jpg

Don't want to "bad mouth" you Holdie, but I don't really consider a Ranger as a truck... kinda like a little car without a trunk lid! Their handling on dry land is less than desireable for me... rain, snow, and ice only compound the less than desireable factors!

Now them little Toyotas from the 80's and 90's would go places...put a lift kit and some rubber on them and you had a machine that would do some boondocking

Agree. As my father in law says, "the right combination of light, height and fight." ;)

Am i the only one who laughed his balls off at the "nice moustache" line?

Thanks doc

nope, me too.

As for Nissan's, I had a 1985 2WD king cab pickup and that thing took a BEATING! I mean, hill climbs, distance jumps, jumps when all you are after us as much height as you can get. You name it other then a smash up derby my old 85 did it. Gave it to my cousin at 255,000KM and he put another 140 on it before it died. It only died because he did the work on it and didn't replace a gasket 100% so it spit fuel and light fire when driving. It was a good old girl...

Edited by GBW

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i'm glad some of you actually watched the video despite people trying to derail my thread.

about the mustache...the night before we went to a halloween party...his costume was freddie mercury!

clearly after several wobbly pops and waking up at 6 am, shaving is on the bottom of the priority list...but man, all day, none of us could even look at him...it looked like a squirrel pelt across his lip...

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i should mention that i also drive a pathfinder, and that the point of this video was more the shame of not making it up the hill, and of course the mustache comment for those who watched it to the end.

how embarrassing is it to have your friends watch as you fail?

Don't want to "bad mouth" you Holdie, but I don't really consider a Ranger as a truck... kinda like a little car without a trunk lid! Their handling on dry land is less than desireable for me... rain, snow, and ice only compound the less than desireable factors!

I Take Offense in what you say, STOP BAD MOUTHING ME other wise Im hitting the MOD Panic Button. That is if I can find it. My Ford Ranger Rocks, oil pan leak 75,999 KM, 3 x warning sensor replacements including the sensor for the sensor etc etc

I Take Offense in what you say, STOP BAD MOUTHING ME other wise Im hitting the MOD Panic Button. That is if I can find it. My Ford Ranger Rocks, oil pan leak 75,999 KM, 3 x warning sensor replacements including the sensor for the sensor etc etc

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings son... come here and let Daddy put some ninny on it for you... ;)

i should mention that i also drive a pathfinder, and that the point of this video was more the shame of not making it up the hill, and of course the mustache comment for those who watched it to the end.

how embarrassing is it to have your friends watch as you fail?

Yea, it is embarrassing to fail, but then again, I love a guy that has failed and can pick himself up. Kind of reminds me of someone and the friends he has hung around with. Was the Pathfinder squirming and shimming going up that steep incline? My Ranger will just, well, slide

Edited by holdfast

A buddy of mine insists his pathfinder can go where full size trucks can...

listen for the sound of plastic bumper on rock..

nsfw due to cussin'

I dont know if its just me or does something seem wrong with a bunch of guys and a giant moustache going to a lake called "Gangbang Lake" :D:D:D:D

Edited by smalliefisher

my truck made it up the hill fine.

*cough*

dave.jpg

Just a suggestion, I wouldnt be going to any Bar that I know of in Saskatchewan, especially Big River as your buddy would be lucky just to be laughed at. Im still laughing at the picture. Thanks.

Ya Dave should take some driving course or something. The 1 wheel peel mazda made it up there a few times. Including a Bo Duke style culvert jump in front of a camp of tree planters. Motorhead was a factor...

I'll jump in on the name of the lake. Since one of our best lakes got too much traffic all decent lakes, ponds etc are renamed. Search gangbang song by kenny cheecho on you tube.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
Ya Dave should take some driving course or something. The 1 wheel peel mazda made it up there a few times. Including a Bo Duke style culvert jump in front of a camp of tree planters. Motorhead was a factor...

I'll jump in on the name of the lake. Since one of our best lakes got too much traffic all decent lakes, ponds etc are renamed. Search gangbang song by kenny cheecho on you tube.

this was actually station road, but i have complete faith even the old red toyota corolla you used to drive would have performed better than dave's smashfinder.