My Summer Season

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

With the exception some fall steelies, my open water season is all but done. Thought I'd post a few pics from my season. Most have already been posted, but I thought some of you might like reading about my summer.

My first real solid stint of fishing was on the Salmon River out of Pulaski, NY. Fishing within minutes of my motel was quite good, and it certainly helped me adapt from a spinning reel to a centerpin. As a predominantly Lake Superior based steelheader, getting to catch the large Lake Ontario steel was exciting. I landed lots of fish in my week there, including my PB steelhead. I also caught my PB brown trout, which location allowed me to break out the camera and snap a quick shot.

005-5.jpg

An average salmon river fish

002-7.jpg

Upon returning home from this trip it was time to steelie fish Lake Superior. Troutologist, another friend and myself went to the "Snowdrift" river and had a fantastic day. 26 fish landed in a blizzard. We actually bumped into another OFC'er there, but didn't know until after the trip. I can't seem to find it, but he had sent us a photo he took while we were fishing in a lake effect whiteout.

This shot was taken one morning between rains at the Sand River.

008-4.jpg

This was my last steelie on a warm June evening.

droppie-1.jpg

June 1st I went to a nearby lake for some eyes. I kept a few tasty eaters, and caught my season's best walleye.011-3.jpg

June 6th I had my PB catch of the summer. My son Kai was born healthy and happy, just shy of 8lbs. Definite keeper.

When I did get out this summer (unforunately kai can't come yet), a lot of my fishing was for smallies. i spent different days this summer catching bass of all sizes including a new personal best for me. 22.5 TLEN, and almost made up for the brand new rod/reel combo that a 3lb smallie stole. never leaving a grub with just the tail touching the water! :whistling:

024-5.jpg

018-3.jpg

001-5.jpg

012-5.jpg

007-1.jpg

MY PB!

003-4.jpg

004-5.jpg

In august I had the privelege of doing a little bit of fishing near Nipigon. Nothing like a 30 minute limit.

017-2.jpg

I also caught my first coaster! I lost another that was about 2x this size! :angry:

coaster.jpg

This fall I was able to get out to my family's property for a weekend. The beer flowed all weekend, and we even got some fishing/relaxing done. My dog Lucy always enjoys an evening on the water.

P1030407.jpg

P1030383.jpg

P1030411.jpg

Got another keeper this fall!

DSC_9614.jpg

That's all folks! Thanks for reading!

coho2.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus