where to fish?

Gail

Hi there, making plans for a summer (late july) fishing trip with the family...we are deciding between fernleigh lodge on lake kashwakamak and Marten river lodge>>marten river.

Would appreciate any feedback you can give me on these lodges and the fishing in either of these two bodies of water.

Edited by thismissfishes

You probably couldn't go wrong at either place.

Bass and even pike usually hit topwaters on the many quiet bays of Kashawakamak on July evenings.

There are some walleye a little deeper there as well.

Good luck,

ehg

I bet Martin River Lodge is in tip top shape and they'll take great care of you...as it's for sale. Bet the service is top notch as they search for a prospective buyer. Martin River is a beautiful place, but the fishin (like many places) can be tough in the summer months.

aerial.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
That shot is looking South! I'm pretty much sitting over the 64/11 junction taking it. Shows Hwy #11 and the little bridge is the one going into Martin River Provincial Parks campground.

How about the Marten River Area in late May for Pickerel? I've been fishing the Rice Lake/Trent Waterway area for Pickerel but have has limited success the last few years. I was thinking of heading up to Marten River or Red Cedar Lake.

• 11 months later...
I bet Martin River Lodge is in tip top shape and they'll take great care of you...as it's for sale. Bet the service is top notch as they search for a prospective buyer. Martin River is a beautiful place, but the fishin (like many places) can be tough in the summer months.

aerial.jpg

Hey irishfield

That picture is Land o Lakes Lodge and the Trapper Trading Post.

My Uncle and my Parents owned it many moons ago when I was just a wee grasshopper.

Yes thismissfishes, the fishing is great if you know where to go and depending on the time of year.

Lots of Pike and Lake Trout as well as Walleye.

If you can find a map of the area, I will mark a few awesome spots for you to try.

You may want to consider having the Lodge put a boat up into Wickstead above the damn and spend a day up there as well, the fishing is amazing in certain spots.

I fished Kashwakamac several years ago and stayed at a friends cottage. It was a terrific time on a beautiful lake in the middle of summer, as I recall.

Jigs with white twister tail grubs caught us a good meal of walleye the one day and the next day we hooked into a few smallies and a pike.

Really enjoyed the fishing and scenery.