Ice fishing - Pak Shack's on ebay

Fang

Just a quick fyi for anyone looking for a ice fishing shelter this year. I've never used one of these but seen the single man retail at $100 ea. Several over the last 2-3 weeks on ebay

1 man selling for around $30-35 USD plus $30 shippng and the 3 man has been going for $75USD with same shipping.

I'd imagine you'd need some bricks to hold it down but not bad deal to get out of the wind. There's lot of room in the single to fish and have a heater inside.

If carefully maintained, the Pakshack might hold up for two years. Although lightweight, such portability is gained by sacrificing quality. Stitching sucks. I, at least, have enough experience at repairing canvas threadwork. Pins, hinges, screws, are soft metal or flimsy plastic and regularly snap and must be drilled out or replaced.

A novel idea... but I didn't see anything there that would hold it half-way open to make a windbreak, which is how I would use it a lot of the time.

And how do you use the snow skirt on the outside if you're in it and there's no door! :D:o

If someone was watching you thru binoculars on a windy day you'd be looking like two bats in a fight to the death.

To me a one man ice hut is a good snowmobile suit. Generally our fishing is back lakes and you fish close enough to shore to light a fire.

If you fish the bigger water you are close enough to have a real shack and go every weekend.

I know its off topic but i had to write something as I already have the last 4 posts and wanted to make it 6 in a row :D

To me a one man ice hut is a good snowmobile suit. Generally our fishing is back lakes and you fish close enough to shore to light a fire.

If you fish the bigger water you are close enough to have a real shack and go every weekend.

There isn't a snowmobile suit around, though, that's as good on its own as it is with a good windbreak. The wind is the real killer out on the ice, and you need to shelter yourself from it somehow to get really comfortable.

I have an ice hut, and I've been out there several times a week for the past few years, but it would be nice to have a quick-setup portable just the same, to be able to move around a little.

Guest skeeter99
Just a quick fyi for anyone looking for a ice fishing shelter this year. I've never used one of these but seen the single man retail at $100 ea. Several over the last 2-3 weeks on ebay

1 man selling for around $30-35 USD plus $30 shippng and the 3 man has been going for $75USD with same shipping.

I'd imagine you'd need some bricks to hold it down but not bad deal to get out of the wind. There's lot of room in the single to fish and have a heater inside.

trash aint worth 30 to 35 cents let alone $30 to $35

love watching them come out on the ice, struggling to get open etc.. then woooooooooosh!!!!!!!!! bye bye!! seen it happen at least a dozen times, save up the money and buy a fish trap you will have it for years rather than days !!!!!!!

Edited by skeeter99

there is a member of this website that had a one man pak-a-shelter, not sure of the make, looked good

I think it lasted about 2 days on the ice and was trash

It was kinda humorous watching him flail around in it though..... this was right after we got him out after the hook set broke the seat... lol

feb08temagamio.jpg

Thanks for that Wayne. Dan, your suit halfway down and the expression on your face tells me that folks should stay away from you for the next little while. What did it this time? Was it the spaghetti sauce or the osso bucco ? :D Or maybe that's a fish call you're doing?