Heading to Ottawa

Smed

Hey guys I'm heading up to Ottawa to visit a friend who is in university. How is the fishing up there in the cold fall weather. I just winterized my boat yesterday and taking it is not an option. I do quite well this time of year for walleyes from shore in our area of Ontario does the same shallow flowing water methods apply in the Rideau Canal?? Any type of fishing action would be nice for the weekend.

Thanks,

Smed

Is he at Carleton U or Ottawa U???? I am pretty sure that you are out of luck for the Canal though I am pretty sure that they drained it last weekend. but there is the Rideau river that flows right beside Carleton U. west of the Bronson av bridge. you can fish for walleyes there and some musky have been caught in the area and some largies are also caught just east of the bridge.

Thanks for the help, my friend and I grew up fishing together and he hasn't done too much fishing since he has been up there and it would be great for the two of us to tie into some fish. I'm hoping the cold weather hasn't turned the fish off up there, because I was in peterborough this past weekend and did awesome on the walleyes.

Smed